Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:33
German to French
+ ...
Sep 1, 2011

Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to the upcoming webinar on September 16th : Do's and Don'ts for translators when it comes to Social Media marketing.

This course is aimed at freelancers, whether new or seasoned, who already have the basic knowledge of LinkedIn and Facebook, and of Twitter to some extent and who are already using social networks as part of their marketing strategy but do not have the results expected, or want to make social media part of their mar
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'd like to invite you to the upcoming webinar on September 16th : Do's and Don'ts for translators when it comes to Social Media marketing.

This course is aimed at freelancers, whether new or seasoned, who already have the basic knowledge of LinkedIn and Facebook, and of Twitter to some extent and who are already using social networks as part of their marketing strategy but do not have the results expected, or want to make social media part of their marketing strategy, but have not really started yet or simply the curious ones who are wondering whether "it" really works

In this webinar you will learn:

- what social networks really can and can't do for you
- about the typical traps and the paradox of social media networking
- what the reality behind a social media strategy is
- what a constructive (and realistic) social media marketing strategy is

Registration is only 10 EUR, so grab your seat without hesitation!

Complete course description and registration on the webinar page

Feel free to submit here topics/questions/experiences etc. you'd like to be covered during the webinar and it will be integrated when possible.

Looking forward to "seeing" you on September 16th!

Regards,
Anne

[Edited at 2011-09-01 08:59 GMT]
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:03
German to English
"Tweeting" effectively Sep 1, 2011

Hi Anne,

I've registered (and paid!) for the webinar and am looking forward to it.

I'm on LinkedIn but not yet on Facebook and Twitter. I keep hearing that Twitter can be very effective, but always wonder what I would "tweet" about. I've read tweets by other people that I'm quite puzzled about, e.g. why do people tweet the news when you can read it in newspapers (both online and in print versions)?

So, I would appreciate some clarification on Twitter and
... See more
Hi Anne,

I've registered (and paid!) for the webinar and am looking forward to it.

I'm on LinkedIn but not yet on Facebook and Twitter. I keep hearing that Twitter can be very effective, but always wonder what I would "tweet" about. I've read tweets by other people that I'm quite puzzled about, e.g. why do people tweet the news when you can read it in newspapers (both online and in print versions)?

So, I would appreciate some clarification on Twitter and "tweeting!"

Thanks a lot for taking the time to enlighten us during this webinar!

See you there!

Best wishes,
Niraja
Collapse

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
I'll be there! Sep 1, 2011

Ciao Anne
Thanks for offering your expertise and for setting up the webinar with ProZ.com!
I'll be there, sitting in the first row...
D.

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tweeting Sep 5, 2011

Hi Niraja, Hi Daniela,

Thank you very much for your replies and or your registration, I hope you'll enjoy the webinar

Niraja - your question is/comment is recorded, I'll make sure to include it in the session (be it during the session itself or as a question at the end).

Thanks again and "see you" next week!

Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Some updates Sep 12, 2011

Hi all!

If you haven't registered for the webinar yet, don't forget to do so - 5 days left and only 24 seats remain.

I'd also like to announce that the webinar will feature exclusive Google + Tips for business for attendees only - they will not be included in the video that will be available afterwards.

And if you need an appetizer... <
... See more
Hi all!

If you haven't registered for the webinar yet, don't forget to do so - 5 days left and only 24 seats remain.

I'd also like to announce that the webinar will feature exclusive Google + Tips for business for attendees only - they will not be included in the video that will be available afterwards.

And if you need an appetizer... this way!

So... what are you waiting for? Grab your seat now, visit the webinar page.

See you on Friday!

Anne

[Edited at 2011-09-12 13:50 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translators and Social Media: Do's and Don'ts

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »