Thread poster: Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:05
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Aug 30, 2011

Following the example of other colleagues that have asked for feedback on their websites in recent days, I decided to do the same. So please take a look at www.dianacoada.com

NB: Samples and feedback page will be added at a later stage.

Thank you for your time and comments:)

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:05
English to Arabic
I like it. Aug 30, 2011

I am amazed that such an elegant template is available in weebly.com.

Anyway, I think you have spent too long to get such a great site.

I noticed that your CV is available only for download; why not putting it in a new page
so that it's readable and searchable (Especially by search engines) ?

Also, why not increasing font size for important paragraphs, such as the starting one
in the home page?

Diana Coada (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for your reply, Ali Aug 30, 2011

My CV opens in pdf in a new window, so that the visitor can then choose whether to save it on their pc or not. I was just thinking about the customer here:) I will however consider your suggestion!

I also had my doubts about the font size, so I will give it some thought!

Thanks, Ali:)

Jürgen Werner (X)
Jürgen Werner (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:05
English to German
Very nice! Aug 30, 2011

Lots of useful and important information about yourself and your business. Maybe too much?
About the "If you require"-list on your landing page: shouldn't the bullets be followed by lower cases? This paragraph reads like a single sentence, especially as you go on with "take", so I wouldn't use capitals here.
Apart from that, I think the website is pretty good!

Vlasta Jiranová
Vlasta Jiranová  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
German to Czech
+ ...
Looks very professional Aug 30, 2011

To me, it seems clean, serious and professional.

neilmac
neilmac
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looks good to me Aug 30, 2011

I don't think there's anything wrong with the bullet points capitalisation. The only thing I might change would be to remove the "can" from "so that you can receive..." to make it more immediate, but that's just a minor detail.

Maureen Wilkins (X)
Maureen Wilkins (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Looking good Aug 30, 2011

Hi Diana
It looks very good and very professional.

A couple of small comments. I agree with Neilmac - it would be better to remove the "can" from "can receive".

I would possibly change "private customers" to "individual customers".

Also, your name at the top. If possible, could you make this a darker colour, so that it stands out more.

Very best wishes
Maureen

Diana Coada (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:) Aug 31, 2011

Thank you all for your input and comments!

some advices Feb 7, 2012

It's a pretty straightforward website provding basic information about your service. I think a blog will have the effect you need.
But to have a website that could help you attract users, not just diaply yourself or your ability, you need to add more content and make the CSS (style) of your website more attracting. I find the pure blue color a littble bit sleepy. Here is my website for your
... See more
It's a pretty straightforward website provding basic information about your service. I think a blog will have the effect you need.
But to have a website that could help you attract users, not just diaply yourself or your ability, you need to add more content and make the CSS (style) of your website more attracting. I find the pure blue color a littble bit sleepy. Here is my website for your referrence www.universalpocket.com
Collapse

Valérie Lopez
Valérie Lopez
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
Still weebly ? Feb 6, 2014

Hi Diana,

Is your actual website still the one you asked feedback about?

I am starting one and somebody did direct me to Weebly... Hence I am doing some research on it...

Thanks for your reply...

Annamaria Amik
Annamaria Amik  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:05
Romanian to English
+ ...
I like it :-) Feb 7, 2014

It looks professional and I really like the home page picture, the (cherry?) trees lend a nice touch of color.

I would use bold fonts for the menu and, just like someone else recommended, bigger fonts for the name, but not too much bigger. But these are only personal preferences.

I would add the country code to the phone number for international clients (unless you target mostly the local clients).

Felicitări...
See more
It looks professional and I really like the home page picture, the (cherry?) trees lend a nice touch of color.

I would use bold fonts for the menu and, just like someone else recommended, bigger fonts for the name, but not too much bigger. But these are only personal preferences.

I would add the country code to the phone number for international clients (unless you target mostly the local clients).

Felicitări
Collapse

Diana Coada (X)
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Feb 8, 2014

@Valerie:

Yes, I still use Weebly, but I am now considering hiring a designer to add some graphic elements and make it look more professional.

I use Weebly because I don't need to nag anyone when I need to update the information and Wordpress is simply too complicated for me.

@Annamaria:

I can't believe I forgot about the country code!!!

In rest, multumesc mult pentru comentarii...
See more
@Valerie:

Yes, I still use Weebly, but I am now considering hiring a designer to add some graphic elements and make it look more professional.

I use Weebly because I don't need to nag anyone when I need to update the information and Wordpress is simply too complicated for me.

@Annamaria:

I can't believe I forgot about the country code!!!

In rest, multumesc mult pentru comentarii
Collapse

Valérie Lopez
Valérie Lopez
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
Went back to your site to check for multi language option Feb 11, 2014

and I noticed it is only in English.

Or have I missed something?

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:05
Spanish to English
+ ...
No easy option for multiple languages in Weebly Feb 11, 2014

I like Weebly for quickly building a website, but there isn't an easy way to have more than one language on the same site without playing with some of the coding.

You can make several builds of the site, translate them, link them to each other, and then upload them to your own hosting provider. Proz membership comes with free hosting, or you can sign up with one of the other companies out there (we use Hostgator).

Valérie Lopez
Valérie Lopez
Switzerland
English to French
+ ...
It sounded so much easier Feb 15, 2014

the way they explain it... but then when you actually reads until the end it is a bit off putting...

Wordpress has also a whole process for multi language websites.

Thanks anyway...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

My website - feedback welcome!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »