Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Off topic: Phrases/examples we can use to educate a client.
Thread poster: Ma.Elena Carrión de Medina
Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:51
German to English
+ ...
Excuse me Feb 22, 2011

verslanglais wrote:

... we decided to create a blog together.

We haven't made any noise about it yet, but we are hoping to get some peer readership as well. Don't hesitate to let us know what you think!

[Edited at 2011-02-22 17:18 GMT]

I won't hesitate

After a look at the English, I can say I didn't read anything new, i.e. that can't be found on numerous translators' websites. Pure self-advertising. I thought a blog was meant to have an entertainment factor?

My first thoughts after browsing.

Regards,
Cilian (peer reader)

[Edited at 2011-02-22 23:19 GMT]

Wolf Kux
Wolf Kux  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 13:51
Member (2006)
German to Portuguese
+ ...
A counterpart for your phrase... Feb 23, 2011

Daniel Grau wrote:

This is from a famous oil well firefighter:

"If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
—Paul Neal "Red" Adair
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Adair )

If you complain regarding professionalism, remember that the Noah's Arch was build by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
French to English
+ ...
Yes indeed! Feb 23, 2011

Cilian O'Tuama wrote:

I won't hesitate

After a look at the English, I can say I didn't read anything new, i.e. that can't be found on numerous translators' websites. Pure self-advertising. I thought a blog was meant to have an entertainment factor?

My first thoughts after browsing.

Regards,
Cilian (peer reader)

[Edited at 2011-02-22 23:19 GMT]

Thank you for your thoughts, Cilian. This is only the first article, but we would like to write with a light, funny side, as well. I guess that between political correctness (not putting anyone down), the obvious self-promotion (it's all about marketing, after all) and the desire to "educate" clients and other readers, we haven't quite found our "voice". But it's only the beginning.

I'll keep your remarks in mind for future articles. Thank you very much for your feedback, and hope to see you again!

Sébastien Guillardeau (X)
Sébastien Guillardeau (X)
Austria
German to French
You may also refer to the "project triangle" Feb 23, 2011

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Project_Triangle.svg[/img]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Phrases/examples we can use to educate a client.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »