Want to improve your visibility? Submit a support request
Thread poster: Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Aug 30, 2010

Dear members,

Since your ProZ.com profiles serve as your business cards and directory listings, and are the first impression of you that colleagues and potential clients will have when they find you at ProZ.com, having a complete profile that presents you accurately and professionally is one of the main strategies to become more visible and get jobs in ProZ.com.

Moreover, ProZ.com member profiles have the highest
... See more
Dear members,

Since your ProZ.com profiles serve as your business cards and directory listings, and are the first impression of you that colleagues and potential clients will have when they find you at ProZ.com, having a complete profile that presents you accurately and professionally is one of the main strategies to become more visible and get jobs in ProZ.com.

Moreover, ProZ.com member profiles have the highest Google "page rank" of all human translation portals. This means that, in addition to finding your profile via ProZ.com, there is also a good chance that potential clients will find your ProZ.com profile when seeking language professionals using search engines --provided that you optimize your profile accordingly.

Therefore, as part of a new ProZ.com site guidance program, I would like to invite those of you who are interested in improving your profile to attract potential clients' attention in the site and on the web to submit a support request and receive personalized assistance from site staff to improve your visibility and, with this, your chances to get jobs.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Mykhailo Voloshko
Mykhailo Voloshko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:13
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
support request Aug 30, 2010

Dear Lucia,

I sent such request a few days ago and got no answer as to how to get higher PR for my profile.
Hope this time I'll get any assistance.

Best wishes,
Mykhailo

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Site guidance request created Aug 30, 2010

Hi Mykhailo,

I apologize for the delay in an appropriate reply to your request. I have created a site guidance request for you now. I have provided you with the link to this site guidance request in my reply to your support request and I'll be replying in short with some tips to improve your profile page's rank.

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucia

Mykhailo Voloshko
Mykhailo Voloshko  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
thanks Aug 30, 2010

Hi Lucia,

I got it. Thank you!

Best wishes,
Mykhailo

Ali Alsaqqa
Ali Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:13
English to Arabic
V.Good Aug 30, 2010

Hi

I have to say that Lucia helped me a lot improving my profile. I invite everyone to cooperate with her, she is such a friendly person and will help you for sure..

Thanks again Lucia

Ali

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your nice words, Ali Aug 30, 2010

I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 01:13
English to Thai
+ ...
My concerns Aug 31, 2010

My native language is Thai, and for a very long time I continue doing translation in a number of fields e.g. technical, legal, business. This is because Thai is a less popular language on Proz. I am afraid I need to brush up my expertise cleverly before seeking your assistance at this moment.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Dmitri Lyutenko
Dmitri Lyutenko  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Dear Lucia, Sep 8, 2010

Thank you a lot for your valuable advices! It's really great!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
No problem, Soonthon Sep 8, 2010

I'll be here when you are ready to work with me on your profile.

Kind regards,

Lucia

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
My pleasure, Dmitri! Sep 8, 2010

Let's keep working together...

Lucia

Jade Liu
Jade Liu  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 02:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thanks Lucia Apr 13, 2011

I have been to the website since July last year.

I'm trying to have business here.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Want to improve your visibility? Submit a support request

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »