Deepl vs Globalese
Thread poster: MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard
MichaelLeonard  Identity Verified
Germany
Oct 17, 2020

Hello,
we are just starting to translate a few travel guides in German language into English. With the integration of Deepl in SDL Trados we get quite good results. But with the construction of an engine that takes into account the special features of our travel guides, I don't think it is possible with Deepl, apart from the translation memory, which increases with every new title.
As an alternative, a translation provider suggested that we build our own engine in MemoQ based on Glob
... See more
Hello,
we are just starting to translate a few travel guides in German language into English. With the integration of Deepl in SDL Trados we get quite good results. But with the construction of an engine that takes into account the special features of our travel guides, I don't think it is possible with Deepl, apart from the translation memory, which increases with every new title.
As an alternative, a translation provider suggested that we build our own engine in MemoQ based on Globalese. Now I noticed during my research that Globalese does not yet have an engine German/English and I think we would have to start from scratch?
However, we have done some (approx. 300.000 words) of such German/English projects in the last 20 years and could use this trunk for learning.

Michael
Collapse

Cecilia Yalangozian
Cecilia Yalangozian
Argentina
Local time: 04:28
English to Spanish
+ ...
Machine translation resource - API language information Mar 3, 2023

Hi Michael,

I understand that I may be a little late to the discussion, but I wanted to let you and other users know about a resource that may be helpful in the future.

Machine Translate, an open-source project that aims to build a community and resources around machine translation.

We have just launched a new section that lists commercial machine translation products, including Globalese, which you can find
... See more
Hi Michael,

I understand that I may be a little late to the discussion, but I wanted to let you and other users know about a resource that may be helpful in the future.

Machine Translate, an open-source project that aims to build a community and resources around machine translation.

We have just launched a new section that lists commercial machine translation products, including Globalese, which you can find on this page: https://machinetranslate.org/globalese

We are still working on expanding our list of CAT tool/TMS integrations, which right now is incomplete.

I hope you find this information useful!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Deepl vs Globalese

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »