Isabel Cisneiros
Isabel Cisneiros
Portugal
Local time: 02:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Mar 4, 2013

Hello all!

I have finished a translation on Studio9 and I received some more files on the same project.

They are in the XLIFF format and I can open them, but I think I must add them first to the project and I don't know how to do that, as I have short experience in TRADOS and I just worked on 1-delivery projects so I never had to add files.

The client also asks me to deliver also the TRAGET TTX files he sent. Is there something elsa I must do/define so that
... See more
Hello all!

I have finished a translation on Studio9 and I received some more files on the same project.

They are in the XLIFF format and I can open them, but I think I must add them first to the project and I don't know how to do that, as I have short experience in TRADOS and I just worked on 1-delivery projects so I never had to add files.

The client also asks me to deliver also the TRAGET TTX files he sent. Is there something elsa I must do/define so that TTX files are produced as well as XLIFF files?

Can someone help me?

Best regards
Isabel
Collapse

Heather McCrae
Heather McCrae  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:04
German to English
opening xliff files Mar 5, 2013

hi there
go into your project, open the files view then the source language, then you can add the new files there. that is what I do
you can save the target files in the same format you received them as far as I can remember, Save as .......
hope that helps, also check out the SDL forum here. I also find searching on google helpful, and the Translation zone is good too.
best regards
Heather

Isabel Cisneiros
Isabel Cisneiros
Portugal
Local time: 02:04
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Heather Mar 12, 2013

heathermccrae wrote:

hi there
go into your project, open the files view then the source language, then you can add the new files there. that is what I do
you can save the target files in the same format you received them as far as I can remember, Save as .......
hope that helps, also check out the SDL forum here. I also find searching on google helpful, and the Translation zone is good too.
best regards
Heather

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding xliff files to an existing project

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »