Romanian Automated Translation
Thread poster: lienna
lienna
lienna  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:04
English to French
Feb 29, 2012

Hi, everybody

I have just purchased SDL Trados2011 Freelance and I am quite disappointed, as there is no option for machine translation into and from Romanian, when I try to connect to the community server.
There is such an option for English and French, but for Romanian there is only Google translate which is currently being charged.
However, perhaps I have not explored the matter in its entirety.
May I mention that, before installing Trados 2011 my computer was f
... See more
Hi, everybody

I have just purchased SDL Trados2011 Freelance and I am quite disappointed, as there is no option for machine translation into and from Romanian, when I try to connect to the community server.
There is such an option for English and French, but for Romanian there is only Google translate which is currently being charged.
However, perhaps I have not explored the matter in its entirety.
May I mention that, before installing Trados 2011 my computer was formatted with Windows7 system being installed from scratch.

Thank you very much for your help.
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:04
English
MT Solutions Mar 2, 2012

Hi Lienna,

You have a number of free choices with Studio and probably any number from vendors who provide a plugin with a paid engine.

So for example the following support English to Romanian;

You then get these results:

Tw
... See more
Hi Lienna,

You have a number of free choices with Studio and probably any number from vendors who provide a plugin with a paid engine.

So for example the following support English to Romanian;

You then get these results:

Two of these use Google directly so you would need to have an account with Google first, but the other two do not (SDL BeGlobal and MyMemory) and I believe MyMemory does use Google as one of their resources.

So you have a few choices already and I expect to see these choices grow.

You can get the MyMemory plugin from here:

http://goo.gl/pGMeP

And SDL BeGlobal you get when you sign up for the BeGlobal Account which you should have been offerred when you installed SP1 for Studio 2011.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

lienna
lienna  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:04
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Project settings inactive Mar 2, 2012

Hi.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Unfortunately, the access to Project settings is closed. The option is deactivated, that is greyed out.

How can I activate that option?

Furtheron, I am also having trouble saving files as 'unclean' (side by side) in word format.

Once again, thank you for your help.

Is there a settings section in the 'help'? I was not able to find it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Romanian Automated Translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »