Machine Translation of Einstein's Biography in Japanese
Thread poster: Kiwi_de
Kiwi_de
Kiwi_de
Local time: 03:27
German to Japanese
+ ...
Aug 1, 2011

Recently, Einstein's biography by Walter Isaacson "Einstein: His Life and Universe" has been published in Japanese in 2 volumes.
But readers pointed out as reviews on the website of amazon.co.jp that the translation of the 2nd volume seems to have been done by a machine translation.
(I could not find any reviews on this book on amazon and I found only the first volume.)
The publisher has called in the second volume.

... See more
Recently, Einstein's biography by Walter Isaacson "Einstein: His Life and Universe" has been published in Japanese in 2 volumes.
But readers pointed out as reviews on the website of amazon.co.jp that the translation of the 2nd volume seems to have been done by a machine translation.
(I could not find any reviews on this book on amazon and I found only the first volume.)
The publisher has called in the second volume.

News on this topic (in Japanese)
http://www.j-cast.com/2011/08/01103147.html

According to the news, there was the following text as translation in the second volume:"数数千が、訪問代表団と会合するためにユニオン列車車庫に群がった、そして、パレードは200台の酔っぱらっていて旗の包茎の車を含んでいた".
That is only an example.
The publisher let "科学系某翻訳グループ (a scientific translation group? Maybe there would be another better translation)" translate a part of the second volume.
In internet, it was pointed out that one can get the same translation result from the English original text by a machine translation that provides a portal site (maybe google?) as the translation in the second volume.

It is very pity that such a translated book has been published.
Clients nowadays want to save money for translation, but I think that to save money is not to keep translation quality.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Machine Translation of Einstein's Biography in Japanese

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »