Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 10:06
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jul 3, 2011

Hi everyone,

GT4T now comes with alternative translations feature. Select a source sentence, and hit a hot key, a pop up will appear listing out all alternative translations for different segments of the selected sentence.

It also includes a very useful dictionary feature: you can search a term and a list of translations appear in a popup, and then you can insert a meaning by hitting a corresponding number (or simply space bar).

Thank you!

Dall
... See more
Hi everyone,

GT4T now comes with alternative translations feature. Select a source sentence, and hit a hot key, a pop up will appear listing out all alternative translations for different segments of the selected sentence.

It also includes a very useful dictionary feature: you can search a term and a list of translations appear in a popup, and then you can insert a meaning by hitting a corresponding number (or simply space bar).

Thank you!

Dallas
Collapse

I_CH
I_CH  Identity Verified

Local time: 04:06
German to Italian
+ ...
Not working on my machine Aug 25, 2011

Hello Dallas
I have used the previous version of you appl, which was phantastic and worked fine.

I decided therefore to install the Suite but in fact it does not work
I saw that you foresaw this on your page, and suggested to only download the macro template for Word, however it does not work either

Any suggestion on the possible causes of these problems?

Kind Regards
Albert
... See more
Hello Dallas
I have used the previous version of you appl, which was phantastic and worked fine.

I decided therefore to install the Suite but in fact it does not work
I saw that you foresaw this on your page, and suggested to only download the macro template for Word, however it does not work either

Any suggestion on the possible causes of these problems?

Kind Regards
Alberto S.
Collapse

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
run diagnose Aug 25, 2011

Hi Alberto,

Could you click on the GT4T icon in your system tray and then run "Diagnose" and then give me a snapshot of that page? Also if possible, please try it on another computer. One or two people reported that GT4T doesn't work on their computers.

Dallas

Maurice Devroye
Maurice Devroye
United States
Local time: 22:06
English to French
Same problem - no connection to GT servers in USA and France Oct 25, 2011

Hi Dallas,

I am in the same situation as Alberto. The issue seems to be the connection with the GT server. I tried both locations: USA and France. Is it a Google account problem?

Thanks,
MD

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
give me a screen shot Oct 25, 2011

HI Maurice,

Can you send a screenshot of the diagnose screen to my email?
Also if you uncheck "skip Google Translate API" option, GT4T will use Google Translate API, not the local Google Servers.

Dallas

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Strange feedback from google translator Nov 12, 2011

Hello Dallas,

Since this week, when I use GT4T, I constantly get the following feedback:

{responseData: null, responseDetails: Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors, responseStatus: 403}.

The GT4T does not work at all. Do you know what the cause of this problem is? What can I do against it?

Thank you in advan
... See more
Hello Dallas,

{responseData: null, responseDetails: Suspected Terms of Service Abuse. Please see http://code.google.com/apis/errors, responseStatus: 403}.

The GT4T does not work at all. Do you know what the cause of this problem is? What can I do against it?

Thank you in advance.

Bin
Collapse

wonita (X)
wonita (X)
China
Problem solved Nov 12, 2011

I have installed the new version of GT4T, and everything is fine now.

Bin Tiede wrote:

Hello Dallas,

Thank you in advance.

Bin

Shouguang Cao
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great! Nov 13, 2011

Enjoy!

I_CH
I_CH  Identity Verified

German to Italian
+ ...
GT4T working seamlessly now! Nov 14, 2011

Hello Dallas
I confirm that, after you implemented all the necessary changes, now GT4T works seamlessly!!!

Thanks a lot for your patience and the hard work you put on it: I appreciated it very much!!!

Alberto S.

Dallas Cao wrote:

Hi Alberto,

Could you click on the GT4T icon in your system tray and then run "Diagnose" and then give me a snapshot of that page? Also if possible, please try it on another computer. One or two people reported that GT4T doesn't work on their computers.

Dallas

Philippe Locquet
Philippe Locquet  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 03:06
English to French
+ ...
Remove MT/AT tag feature Jun 25, 2021

GT4T now has (for a few months now) a feature to remove the MT/AT tag from your xliff. The fearure is optimised to work with Wordfast Pro and Trados, there’s a dedicated file-picker to fetch from your projects directly in GT4T.
Once you know how to do it, it takes no more than a minute and creates a backup of your original file. If you do a lot of pre-translating with TM and MT below a threshold, you may like this to follow segment status for editing etc.
I created a video about it
... See more
GT4T now has (for a few months now) a feature to remove the MT/AT tag from your xliff. The fearure is optimised to work with Wordfast Pro and Trados, there’s a dedicated file-picker to fetch from your projects directly in GT4T.
Once you know how to do it, it takes no more than a minute and creates a backup of your original file. If you do a lot of pre-translating with TM and MT below a threshold, you may like this to follow segment status for editing etc.
I created a video about it here:
https://youtu.be/PYXu0oQ-dp0

My bests
Collapse

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
A typo and MT, YouTube and Czech subtitles made by GT Jun 26, 2021

Philippe Locquet wrote:

The fearure is optimised to work with Wordfast Pro and Trados,...

I created a video about it here:

https://youtu.be/PYXu0oQ-dp0

Hi Philippe,

I was testing application DeedP.exe and "The fearure" was translated into Czech in an meaning "fear". By skimming your post I did not noticed the typo. This is first reason to use MT.

I downloaded your video, I created English plain text by language services of EC and then I created English subtitles and translations into Czech in Subtitle Edit (by GT).

Cheers,
Milan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

GT4T pro has upgraded to GT4T Suite

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »