Natalia Conovca
Natalia Conovca  Identity Verified
Moldova
Local time: 00:37
English to Romanian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2011

Hello,

I intend to experiment with MT + TM combination for my professional work. After intensive documentation, I have concluded that the best option for me would be a statistical translation machine, trained with my memory files (I've tried to find a commercial RBMT for my combination of languages, English-Romanian, but no luck so far). Out of all SBMT, Moses seems to be the most appropriate for my needs.

However, I cannot find anywhere what are the minimum system requ
... See more
Hello,

I intend to experiment with MT + TM combination for my professional work. After intensive documentation, I have concluded that the best option for me would be a statistical translation machine, trained with my memory files (I've tried to find a commercial RBMT for my combination of languages, English-Romanian, but no luck so far). Out of all SBMT, Moses seems to be the most appropriate for my needs.

However, I cannot find anywhere what are the minimum system requirements to first train and then run Moses with a corpora of, say, 100 000 units. I would highly appreciate your feedback.

Natalia
Collapse

4 year old macbook Feb 10, 2012

cf. for this document: http://www.statmt.org/moses/?n=Moses.WebTranslation
There are no concrete numbers thogh, but I've seen some mac book pro running moses 4 years ago (not extraordinary fast).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

System requirements for Moses

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »