Thread poster: Alexander Shchekotin (X)
Alexander Shchekotin (X)
Alexander Shchekotin (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:53
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2004

Hello!

I have a claim regarding a translation job my outsourcer did for my client. The client refused the translation and did the proofread by himself at his own cost. However, the outsourcer argues that after the client's proofread the translation quality detiorated and that his initial work fully complies with style, quality and requirements.

It is possible to give the translation for arbitration to an independent body/translator? Can somebody suggest me a reference t
... See more
Hello!

I have a claim regarding a translation job my outsourcer did for my client. The client refused the translation and did the proofread by himself at his own cost. However, the outsourcer argues that after the client's proofread the translation quality detiorated and that his initial work fully complies with style, quality and requirements.

It is possible to give the translation for arbitration to an independent body/translator? Can somebody suggest me a reference to some organisation in Lithuania that unites translators and agencies?

The same applies to Latvian also: do you know any body there?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.
Collapse

Vidmantas Stilius
Vidmantas Stilius  Identity Verified
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
In memoriam
Problematic Jan 18, 2004

Dear Alexander,

There is not such official body --as far as I know. The best way out would be to apply to a serious translation agency (e.g., Magistrai), who have their own editors and a network of technical experts. They could provide a conclusion.

This is what I would do in a situation like this.
Alexander Shchekotin wrote:

Hello!

It is possible to give the translation for arbitration to an independent body/translator? Can somebody suggest me a reference to some organisation in Lithuania that unites translators and agencies?

The same applies to Latvian also: do you know any body there?

Thank you in advance,

Alexander.

Valentinas & Halina Kulinic
Valentinas & Halina Kulinic  Identity Verified
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
It should be really independent Feb 3, 2004

Dear Colleagues,

In my hamble opinion applying to a translation company whatever serious is it would not be a good idea. The discussed body should be really independent. A company will tend to show that only they can provide the best quality. Otherwise they are poor businesspeople.

The State language commission or the language inspection or translation department in the University would be appropriate choi
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

In my hamble opinion applying to a translation company whatever serious is it would not be a good idea. The discussed body should be really independent. A company will tend to show that only they can provide the best quality. Otherwise they are poor businesspeople.

The State language commission or the language inspection or translation department in the University would be appropriate choice.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Kristina Radziulyte[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Arbitrate a translation

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »