Website on contemporary German literature
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:06
German to English
Feb 7, 2008

I came across a website today with reviews of recently published contemporary works by authors from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The site may be of particular interest to those of you interested in literary translation from German to English as it lists books that have been recommended by a panel of British literary experts for translation into English and tells you where to apply for translation rights.

Here's the link:
... See more
I came across a website today with reviews of recently published contemporary works by authors from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The site may be of particular interest to those of you interested in literary translation from German to English as it lists books that have been recommended by a panel of British literary experts for translation into English and tells you where to apply for translation rights.

Here's the link:

http://www.new-books-in-german.com
Collapse

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 17:36
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you very much! Feb 7, 2008

Thank you very much, Niraja!

The link is very nice for me to know what have been published in Germany. Some publishers in my country are interested in German publication and they have been asking me for sources. With the link you provide, I am more aware of the business now. Thank you!

- Wenjer

Derek Gill Franßen
Derek Gill Franßen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:36
German to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Wonderful! Feb 7, 2008

Although I do not do literary translations, I just wanted to commend you on sharing this with the translating community.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website on contemporary German literature

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »