Thread poster: Tecpatl
Tecpatl
Tecpatl
France
Local time: 18:16
Spanish to French
+ ...
Oct 24, 2001

There is an ongoing event about literature and translation in Mexico city, for more details check spanish postings or contact me.

Margaret Schroeder
Margaret Schroeder  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Report from the Conference Oct 25, 2001

I attended the first session of this conference on literary translation, Wednesday, Oct. 24. One of the first speakers commented on how translators are too accustomed to working in isolation and never thinking to ask for advice. It seems that literary translators are in their own universe! On-line communities like ProZ and the many translator mailing lists have left the academic world far behind. I am glad that I am working in this age and not a generation ago!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literature and translation in Mexico

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »