The Contest
Thread poster: Aurora Humarán (X)
pcovs
pcovs
Denmark
Local time: 11:41
English to Danish
Constant reminder Jul 29, 2005

I recently bought a notebook to get more work done.

Incidently, it appears that I get nickel allergy on my right hand wrist from excessive use of my notebook.
At first, this was simply annoying, but then the spots started to rearrange themselves from a perfect round circle to .... a heart shape!

Now I have on my right hand wrist a constant reminder to mind my heart and not overwork myself.

Ines Garcia Botana
Ines Garcia Botana  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sounds and life Jul 31, 2005

Listening to the sounds, it was as if someone had shot an arrow into the air and it had not fallen to earth.Such an ecstasy! Hooking the window back, the brightness of the day made her blink. The sunlight filled the room with a yellow haze.It seemed that time had slipped among her fingers. The street full of cars, her heart full of hope was no longer a dirty grey.
She smiled nonchalantly. Through the open window the voice of life was coming in again. Her heart sank. She was awake again: s
... See more
Listening to the sounds, it was as if someone had shot an arrow into the air and it had not fallen to earth.Such an ecstasy! Hooking the window back, the brightness of the day made her blink. The sunlight filled the room with a yellow haze.It seemed that time had slipped among her fingers. The street full of cars, her heart full of hope was no longer a dirty grey.
She smiled nonchalantly. Through the open window the voice of life was coming in again. Her heart sank. She was awake again: she had minded her heart.

[Edited at 2005-07-31 19:37]

[Edited at 2005-08-01 02:16]
Collapse

12nalina12
12nalina12
Ukraine
Local time: 12:41
English to Russian
+ ...
To The Green Garden. Aug 4, 2005

Once I saw a Green Garden...
A dream-world of trees, birds and small animals.
It was hidden between the green hills very far from the road.
And no evil could ever find it.
The life was beautiful and unruffled there.
It opened me freedom and happiness.
Love and kindness.
I wanted to live there until my days drip out.
I thought that any eye sees the beauty through the God.
But I was so wrong.
There are eyes that see the beauty through
... See more
Once I saw a Green Garden...
A dream-world of trees, birds and small animals.
It was hidden between the green hills very far from the road.
And no evil could ever find it.
The life was beautiful and unruffled there.
It opened me freedom and happiness.
Love and kindness.
I wanted to live there until my days drip out.
I thought that any eye sees the beauty through the God.
But I was so wrong.
There are eyes that see the beauty through Money.
Now this garden is being ruined.
The evil doesn`t always need a road to come...
Collapse

Sandra Alvarez
Sandra Alvarez
Local time: 10:41
English to Portuguese
+ ...
The day I lost my heart on a flight of stairs Aug 5, 2005

I remember him crying something as I walked up the stairs, and I looked at the black hole where my heart used to be. Then there was silence…and peace. ”Keep it, I won’t be needing it anymore”.

The hole eventually closed and I haven’t felt anything since.

There are days when I miss my heart and think of posting an add on the newspapers — heart lost in a flight of stairs, if found please return to —, but then, I think it over and wonder if I could ever cope
... See more
I remember him crying something as I walked up the stairs, and I looked at the black hole where my heart used to be. Then there was silence…and peace. ”Keep it, I won’t be needing it anymore”.

The hole eventually closed and I haven’t felt anything since.

There are days when I miss my heart and think of posting an add on the newspapers — heart lost in a flight of stairs, if found please return to —, but then, I think it over and wonder if I could ever cope with having one again.
Collapse

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:41
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THE END Aug 6, 2005

In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Paul McCartney

Daniela, Xola, Momoka, Seadeta, Enrique, Dan, Garotadeipanema, Jack, Thierry, PCovs, Inés, 12nalina12 and S_alvz:

THANK YOU for sharing your...hearts with us!!!

See more
In the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.
Paul McCartney

Daniela, Xola, Momoka, Seadeta, Enrique, Dan, Garotadeipanema, Jack, Thierry, PCovs, Inés, 12nalina12 and S_alvz:

THANK YOU for sharing your...hearts with us!!!

Au and the proZian readers
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Contest

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »