Looking for German-speaking interviewees on the history of literature translation
Thread poster: Stephanie.D
Stephanie.D
Stephanie.D
Local time: 08:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
Dec 24, 2013

Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right forum to post this.

I am a student of Applied Linguistics and for one of my courses I need to interview about two to three people who could tell me something about the (recent) history of the translation of German books into Dutch. The ideal person would be someone who has been translating German books into Dutch for a while, that's why I'm posting this request on Proz.
Since it is for a German course, the interviews have
... See more
Hello everyone,

I hope this is the right forum to post this.

I am a student of Applied Linguistics and for one of my courses I need to interview about two to three people who could tell me something about the (recent) history of the translation of German books into Dutch. The ideal person would be someone who has been translating German books into Dutch for a while, that's why I'm posting this request on Proz.
Since it is for a German course, the interviews have to be done in German. I myself am from Belgium (Flanders), so someone living nearby would be ideal. Having the interview through Skype is also a possibility. It will only take about twenty minutes.
If you're interested, feel free to message me here on Proz.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Stephanie
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 02:48
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Hello Stephanie Dec 26, 2013

Nice to have you here!

Have you posted in the German language forum? You might have more luck finding GNS there.

All the best!

NancyLynn

Stephanie.D
Stephanie.D
Local time: 08:48
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Dec 27, 2013

Hi NancyLynn

I hadn't yet, but that's a good idea. Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for German-speaking interviewees on the history of literature translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »