Off topic: Classified Life: A Translator strikes back
Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Aug 13, 2012

Just saw the review of a book that made me think about ourselves and our profession. The book in question is Classified Woman: The Sibel Edmonds Story and it seems that it is an interesting story. Don't know if it is real or not but we go through so many different experiences and at times we translate things with which we don't agree... how many of you have actually thou... See more
Just saw the review of a book that made me think about ourselves and our profession. The book in question is Classified Woman: The Sibel Edmonds Story and it seems that it is an interesting story. Don't know if it is real or not but we go through so many different experiences and at times we translate things with which we don't agree... how many of you have actually thought of writing a book about it? Or speaking about it in a creative way?

I still remember one of us had created a sort of series on Proz in which the main protagonist was a translator and it was an interesting read... somehow I couldn't find the link to that series.

Of course, Romina has a blog that speaks of what we, as translators, face in our professional lives... she has found a creative way of speaking about our profession through humour.

What is your take at our profession? What do you do to manage your stress at work?

[Edited at 2012-08-13 08:00 GMT]
Collapse

Olga Hatzigeorgiou
Olga Hatzigeorgiou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 14:50
English to Greek
+ ...
Blogging.... Nov 28, 2012

while I am trying to find projects to work or awaiting for answers.....I started blogging ....and also have my radio show in an internet radio station!!!! I am full of work while searching and awaiting.....

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Classified Life: A Translator strikes back

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »