Roomy Naqvy
Roomy Naqvy  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 03:01
English to Hindi
+ ...
Mar 15, 2002

Dear Colleagues,

You may like to see the article \"A failure to communicate\" by Professor Susan Bassnett, translator and academic, also Pro-Vice Chancellor, University of Warwick, on the state of teaching new foreign languages.

I think this http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4372025,00.html is a very interesting article.

[
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

You may like to see the article \"A failure to communicate\" by Professor Susan Bassnett, translator and academic, also Pro-Vice Chancellor, University of Warwick, on the state of teaching new foreign languages.

I think this http://www.guardian.co.uk/Archive/Article/0,4273,4372025,00.html is a very interesting article.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-03-15 18:41 ]
Collapse

AndrewBM
AndrewBM
Ireland
Local time: 22:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
Anything but political exploitation Mar 16, 2002

I don\'t think the state of language teaching in England is bad enough to justify all this hullabaloo over that cultural war affair.

Whoever is going to benefit, it will not be I (hope so).
[addsig]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On the state of Language Teaching

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »