A.C. Archives, Denver - any idea what they are?
Thread poster: dbalogh (X)
dbalogh (X)
dbalogh (X)
Hungary
Local time: 12:40
Hungarian to English
+ ...
May 14, 2010

Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm translating the short story "The Country of the Kind" by Damon Knight, and there's a passing reference to A.C. Archives: "One winter, in the A. C. Archives in Denver, I found a store-room full of old printed books." Nothing else is revealed about what these archives might be. Ideas would be welcome. Perhaps CO residents know this as a matter of course; or it could be something made up by the author. The story was written in the 1950's or earl... See more
Apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I'm translating the short story "The Country of the Kind" by Damon Knight, and there's a passing reference to A.C. Archives: "One winter, in the A. C. Archives in Denver, I found a store-room full of old printed books." Nothing else is revealed about what these archives might be. Ideas would be welcome. Perhaps CO residents know this as a matter of course; or it could be something made up by the author. The story was written in the 1950's or early 60's, but the setting is the (undefined) future. Some sort of college would sound logical, but I haven't managed to find a college in Denver whose name begins with an A. I did find references to Auraria Campus, but not if it's ever abbreviated A.C., or if there might be archives of any significance on the premises. Perhaps the Art Institute of Colorado is another candidate, but apparently this institute used to be called CIA, Colorado Institute of Art.
Thanks in advance for any other suggestions or for a decisive thought.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A.C. Archives, Denver - any idea what they are?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »