Yulian Wang
Yulian Wang  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 01:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Jan 9, 2010

Dear fellows,

I am a Chinese translator locates in China. I have written a little essay about one of my shopping experience and want it to be published in one American magazine or newspaper. Unfortunately, I am not familar with the magazines and newspapers. So can you provide me with some information to help me know which one would like to publish essays?

Thank you very much.

Amy Duncan (X)
Amy Duncan (X)  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 14:59
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Here's a suggestion Jan 9, 2010

Hi Yulian,
Try The Christian Science Monitor. It's a prestigious international newspaper and they have a special section called The Home Forum Page where they publish essays. Go to:
www.csmonitor.com/About/Contributor-guidelines and scroll down to The Home Forum Page. Good luck!

[Edited at 2010-01-09 13:08 GMT]

Yulian Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, dear Amy Jan 10, 2010

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for your advice. It is really a wonderful newspaper and I will have a try immediately. I hope there will be good news some days later. And nice to know you.

Thanks again for your help.

Sabine Sur
Sabine Sur
Switzerland
Local time: 19:59
English to French
+ ...
Literal Latte, a New York magazine Jan 21, 2010

Hi Yulian,

There is also Literal Latte, http://www.literal-latte.com/, a New-York based magazine with a literary focus that accepts essays.

Yulian Wang
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, dear Sabine Jan 22, 2010

Sabine Sur wrote:

Hi Yulian,

There is also Literal Latte, http://www.literal-latte.com/, a New-York based magazine with a literary focus that accepts essays.

It is really wonderful to have another choice. Maybe I can try my best to write more articles. Your kind reply does encourage me to a large extent. I am waiting for the response of the small article and I hope it would be good news. Thanks again for your help and nice to know you.

Best Regards,
Yulian Wang

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ask for American magazines which publish essays about expriences

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »