Literature Across Frontiers
Thread poster: Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:20
German to English
Oct 3, 2009

Those of you interested in literature and poetry in general, and in literary translation in particular, may be interested in the "Literature Across Frontiers" project.

Here's the link:

http://www.lit-across-frontiers.org/activities.php

If you look under "activities" you can see that they have a translation skills development project and under "eve
... See more
Those of you interested in literature and poetry in general, and in literary translation in particular, may be interested in the "Literature Across Frontiers" project.

Here's the link:

http://www.lit-across-frontiers.org/activities.php

If you look under "activities" you can see that they have a translation skills development project and under "events" you will find a series of literature and poetry workshops being held all over the world.

Hope this is of interest to some of you.

Best wishes,
Niraja
Collapse

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Robert Graves Oct 3, 2009

I posted this early this morning, but there's still been no reply. That's OK - each one to his/her own

Since ProZ.com users are so fond of discussing money and prices though, I thought you may like this quote by Robert Graves:

"There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money, either"

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and don't work too hard earning money...
See more
I posted this early this morning, but there's still been no reply. That's OK - each one to his/her own

Since ProZ.com users are so fond of discussing money and prices though, I thought you may like this quote by Robert Graves:

"There's no money in poetry, but then there's no poetry in money, either"

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and don't work too hard earning money
Collapse

Tonia Wind
Tonia Wind
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:50
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thank you for the link... Oct 3, 2009

Niraja,

Thank you for this link. I am supposed to get notices about postings to this forum, but I didn't get one for your two postings. I must need to check my notification settings!

I took a look at the site quickly, but will go back on to really read through everything it has to offer. It certainly sounds like something that is very interesting. I am sure that there are a lot of other colleagues interes
... See more
Niraja,

Thank you for this link. I am supposed to get notices about postings to this forum, but I didn't get one for your two postings. I must need to check my notification settings!

I took a look at the site quickly, but will go back on to really read through everything it has to offer. It certainly sounds like something that is very interesting. I am sure that there are a lot of other colleagues interested in literature and poetry who could benefit from the site as well.

Thanks again for the info...from one literature & poetry lover to another!
Best regards,

Tonia
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:50
Russian to English
+ ...
Don't be discouraged Oct 3, 2009

I bookmarked the site, as probably others did too. One can't comment until one has taken the time to look into it. (Not as many people look at Proz over the weekend.)

(Robert Graves was right on this one, though!)

Susan

Jenni Lukac (X)
Jenni Lukac (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks Niraja. This is a great site! Oct 3, 2009

Thank you very much for bringing it to our attention. I will be following it and passing the link along to friends.The Sealines project is particularly interesting, although I'm suprised that Barcelona is not part of the network. I would love to see more forums that were less about selling and more about thinking. Food for the soul!

Greetings from Zaragoza, Spain,

Jenni Lukac

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Oct 4, 2009

Thanks Tonia, Susan, Jenni for your kind replies. I'm glad you find the site interesting.

Susan Welsh wrote:
One can't comment until one has taken the time to look into it.

I know, Susan, and I often don't respond to forum postings by others myself. My jibe was more at the heavy bias towards the "Business issues" and "Money matters" forums on this site, which are also very important, but can get a bit "sensationalist" at times.

Anyway, have a good day!

Best wishes,
Niraja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Literature Across Frontiers

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »