Thread poster: fidaa2007
fidaa2007
fidaa2007
Egypt
Local time: 21:45
English to Arabic
+ ...
Dec 12, 2008

For those who are interested in poetry translation from Arabic to English.
I'm a translation master student, in the phase of writing my thesis. the subject of my study is about the translatability of allusions as one type of intertextuality in the poetry of the Iraqi poet Badr Shakir Al Sayyab. In my study, the data must be presented to different translators to find out the strategies preffered by translators when they attemp to render these allusions from Arabic into English. the data is
... See more
For those who are interested in poetry translation from Arabic to English.
I'm a translation master student, in the phase of writing my thesis. the subject of my study is about the translatability of allusions as one type of intertextuality in the poetry of the Iraqi poet Badr Shakir Al Sayyab. In my study, the data must be presented to different translators to find out the strategies preffered by translators when they attemp to render these allusions from Arabic into English. the data is about 1000 words and the translators names are going to be indicated with information about them in the study.
I'll be more than happy and grateful if you accept participating with me in this project.
thank you all.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

volunteers needed

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »