Thread poster: Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot
Ritu Bhanot  Identity Verified
France
French to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 24, 2008

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this interesting effort with all of you. It is a collection of short stories in different European languages: English, French, German, Italian... a long list...

It is interesting because of the variety of languages. Also, all stories have been translated to French (in my version).

I love the idea. Even if I don't understand Dutch or Portuguese, I can still enjoy the story...
See more
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share this interesting effort with all of you. It is a collection of short stories in different European languages: English, French, German, Italian... a long list...

It is interesting because of the variety of languages. Also, all stories have been translated to French (in my version).

I love the idea. Even if I don't understand Dutch or Portuguese, I can still enjoy the story

Name of the book:

Fictions europeenes
Litterature et creation

Published by Observatoire de l'espace/ CNES

Happy reading.

Reetu
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 21:05
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
So somebody invented translation at last? Oct 24, 2008

Fiction and translation must have been invented at about the same time. Nothing new, or what do you mean?
Regards
Heinrich

Alexandra Salmon-Lefranc
Alexandra Salmon-Lefranc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:05
English to French
+ ...
Thank you! Oct 24, 2008

This book looks extremely interesting, thank you for the tip!

All the best,
Alexandra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

European Fictions

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »