Thread poster: barbara jarczak (X)
barbara jarczak (X)
barbara jarczak (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 05:35
Dutch to French
+ ...
Nov 11, 2007

I would like to put my name, profession etc..in Thunderbird, so that it appears under my mails and that I can delete it for friends.

But only my name and email appears. Could someone help me to find tha right way to do it? Thanks in advance!

barbara jarczak

Guillaume Wehrlen
Guillaume Wehrlen
France
Local time: 05:35
Spanish to French
+ ...
Signature Nov 11, 2007

Hi !

If I've well understood what you'd like to do, I think the normal way to do this is to activate an automatic signature that appears at the end of the message.
To do so,

1) right-click on the name of your account in the left side of the window and select "properties"
2) In the window that appears you have a check box with something like "attach this signature" (sorry I don't have this software in English so it may not be the exact denominations of the f
... See more
Hi !

If I've well understood what you'd like to do, I think the normal way to do this is to activate an automatic signature that appears at the end of the message.
To do so,

1) right-click on the name of your account in the left side of the window and select "properties"
2) In the window that appears you have a check box with something like "attach this signature" (sorry I don't have this software in English so it may not be the exact denominations of the functions). Activate it this check box
3) Then click the "Browse" button and select a text file that you've previously created with the information you want to be embedded in your message (profession, tel. number etc...)
4) Click "Ok"
5) Try to write an e-mail without necessarily sending it, you'll see your signature appears at the end like that, for instance that's mine :

--
Guillaume Wehrlen
e-mail : [email protected]
tel : 06 79 31 22 79

To avoid it to be added when you send an e-mail to a friend, you have two options :
- remove it manually for each message
- have two addresses, a professional one that you configure with the automatic signature and a personal one that you don't

I believe you've already tried with the electronic card, I've just tested it and I have the same problem. Only the name and e-mail appears. I don't know why but I'll try to find out. For the moment you can use an automatic signature.

Hope that helps !

Guillaume.
Collapse

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:35
German to English
+ ...
If I understand what you mean: Nov 11, 2007

Creating an Email Signature in Mozilla Thunderbird

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Prachya Mruetusatorn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Mozilla Thunderbird

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »