https://www.proz.com/forum/latvian/180158-looking_for_an_explanation_of_what_the_latvian_%22unfit_document_data_base%22_could_be.html&phpv_redirected=1

Looking for an explanation of what the Latvian "Unfit document data base" could be
Thread poster: Mag. Michaela Beichtbuchner
Mag. Michaela Beichtbuchner
Mag. Michaela Beichtbuchner  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Member (2003)
English to German
Sep 13, 2010

Dear forum members,

First of all, please accept my apologies for posting in English, but I don't speak Latvian, and this forum seemed like the most appropriate one for my question.

Does anyone know what the Latvian "Unfit document data base" could be? The expression appears in an English document prepared by a Latvian Notary, who certifies the authenticity of the person whose signature appears at the top of the page. The certification paragraph is followed by this senct
... See more
Dear forum members,

First of all, please accept my apologies for posting in English, but I don't speak Latvian, and this forum seemed like the most appropriate one for my question.

Does anyone know what the Latvian "Unfit document data base" could be? The expression appears in an English document prepared by a Latvian Notary, who certifies the authenticity of the person whose signature appears at the top of the page. The certification paragraph is followed by this senctence: "Information on the Unfit document data base and Information on the Population Register has been checked about".

After that, there is a list of the fees charged by the Notary, and at the bottom of the page, there is the Notary's stamp and signature.

My assignment is to translate the English text into German, and I would really appreciate any help in shedding some light on the meaning of that term.

Many thanks in advance,

Michaela
Collapse

Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:28
English to Latvian
~ Sep 13, 2010

The translation of the respective Latvian term is not correct in your document -- actually, it's "Invalid Document Register". See the Regulations regarding the Invalid Document Register: http://www.ttc.lv/export/sites/default/docs/LRTA/MK_Noteikumi/Cab._Reg._No._878_-_Invalid_Document_Register_.doc
I hope it helps.

Mag. Michaela Beichtbuchner
Mag. Michaela Beichtbuchner  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:28
Member (2003)
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Sep 14, 2010

Dear Evija, this was exactly the information I was looking for. Thank you so much for your help!

Evija Rimšāne
Evija Rimšāne  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:28
English to Latvian
- Sep 14, 2010

You're welcome

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Looking for an explanation of what the Latvian "Unfit document data base" could be

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »