Thread poster: Karina Pavlysh
Karina Pavlysh
Karina Pavlysh
Latvia
Local time: 11:35
English to Russian
Feb 10, 2009

Hello Everyone!

I am a newbie here and would like to greet everyone first!

At the moment I am trying to figure out, how do you, guys, receive payments for your work. I've read the topics regarding PayPal and Moneybookers. However, yesterday as I asked Swedbank if they work with Moneybookers system, they said they don't.
PayPal was named here as an expensive and quite inconvenient way of receiving payments. Is it really so? It seems to me the only method right no
... See more
Hello Everyone!

I am a newbie here and would like to greet everyone first!

At the moment I am trying to figure out, how do you, guys, receive payments for your work. I've read the topics regarding PayPal and Moneybookers. However, yesterday as I asked Swedbank if they work with Moneybookers system, they said they don't.
PayPal was named here as an expensive and quite inconvenient way of receiving payments. Is it really so? It seems to me the only method right now, excluding bank transfers and checks for them being too expensive for the client.

Are there in Latvia any other ways of receiving payments?
Does someone have a slight idea, which bank could work with Moneybookers system?

I will appreciate any help concerning this topic.
Collapse

NilsB
NilsB
Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
Use your credit card Feb 11, 2009

Hi Karina!

You can use both PayPal and Moneybookers and withdraw funds to your credit card. You don't need the bank's approval for that. Please see the instructions/FAQs/price lists on their web pages.

Wire transfers are obviously more convenient, but are not feasible for small jobs, esp. where the client is not in the EU.

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
No problems with Swedbank Feb 15, 2009

Dear Karin,
I have both accounts - PayPal and Moneybookers, and Swedbank is my bank. I have never had any problems to withraw money either to my Swedbank account or credit card.

Karina Pavlysh
Karina Pavlysh
Latvia
English to Russian
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 15, 2009

Kristine and Nils,
Thank you for your replies and comments.

Now I do not see the problem in this issue. I also contacted the main information service at Swedbank and they confirmed they do work with both payment systems, but the client has to have a VISA Classic credit card.

Kristine Sprula (Lielause)
Kristine Sprula (Lielause)  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2005)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Do the client really has to have a VISA Classic credit card? Feb 17, 2009

Karina Pavlysh wrote:

Now I do not see the problem in this issue. I also contacted the main information service at Swedbank and they confirmed they do work with both payment systems, but the client has to have a VISA Classic credit card.

I am not sure whether you really need VISA Classic as in Monebookers you can give either your bank account or credit card or both. I would suggest you to read carefully the information provided by the Moneybookers.
Here you have FAQ : http://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl

Uldis Liepkalns
Uldis Liepkalns  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2003)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Moneybookers vs Paypal Feb 17, 2009

Yes, in Swedbank having a multi-currency account is enough for Moneybookers, you just withdraw your money to your bank account and that's that.

However you indeed need to have VISA Classic credit card (without overdraft and tied to your existing account) in order to receive money from Paypal. First they gave me VISA Classic credit card with overdraft and separate account number, but this didn't work- or more precisely it did, but there is a restriction for such a card- you cannot t
... See more
Yes, in Swedbank having a multi-currency account is enough for Moneybookers, you just withdraw your money to your bank account and that's that.

However you indeed need to have VISA Classic credit card (without overdraft and tied to your existing account) in order to receive money from Paypal. First they gave me VISA Classic credit card with overdraft and separate account number, but this didn't work- or more precisely it did, but there is a restriction for such a card- you cannot take the money out in a cash machine or transfer from this account to anywhere else (including your own account) - you can only use it for payments in places where cards are accepted....

Uldis

Kristine Lielause wrote:

Karina Pavlysh wrote:

I am not sure whether you really need VISA Classic as in Monebookers you can give either your bank account or credit card or both. I would suggest you to read carefully the information provided by the Moneybookers.
Here you have FAQ : http://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl

[Rediģēts plkst. 2009-02-17 14:52 GMT]
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Payment methods

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »