How do I disable notifications of KudoZ questions of a specific field? (e.g. Law)
Thread poster: BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
Local time: 19:03
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Aug 25, 2017

I see a lot of Law-related questions in my notifications and on my dashboard, but this subject is very much outside my specialization and I feel I cannot adequately help. I would like to make questions about this subject disappear from my dashboard (bonus: law-related jobs too!) and never be notified about them. How do I proceed?

[Edited at 2017-08-26 13:23 GMT]

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Danish
+ ...
Controlling KudoZ and jobs notifications Aug 25, 2017

Hi there,

You can control all your notification preferences through the "Settings" tab of your profile.

Under "Notification settings" you will find "KudoZ dashboard" and "Jobs dashboard."

There, you can set your notification preferences for each of your language pairs.

You can choose to receive notifications for "My specialities," "My working fields" (includes your specialties), "My interest fields" (includes your specialties and your working
... See more
Hi there,

You can control all your notification preferences through the "Settings" tab of your profile.

Under "Notification settings" you will find "KudoZ dashboard" and "Jobs dashboard."

There, you can set your notification preferences for each of your language pairs.

You can choose to receive notifications for "My specialities," "My working fields" (includes your specialties), "My interest fields" (includes your specialties and your working fields) or "All fields."

If you are still receiving unwanted notifications, you should check that the fields you have declared in your profile are correct.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Tatiana
Collapse

BNN Medical Tr.
BNN Medical Tr.
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no way to exclude specific topics then? Aug 26, 2017

Thanks, Tatiana. However, I would still like topics that appear outside the fields declared in my profile to be visible, just not this particular topic among a few others. I guess I'll go suggest this feature in the suggestions forum.

Tatiana Dietrich
Tatiana Dietrich  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Danish
+ ...
It is not possible to opt out of specific fields Aug 28, 2017

BNN Medical Tr. wrote:

Thanks, Tatiana. However, I would still like topics that appear outside the fields declared in my profile to be visible, just not this particular topic among a few others. I guess I'll go suggest this feature in the suggestions forum.

It is only possible to opt in and not to opt out of specific fields.

Note, however, that you can list up to 100 interest fields in your profile for filtering purposes, which are not public as to not undermine your perceived specialization.

I hope that helps!

Regards,

Tatiana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I disable notifications of KudoZ questions of a specific field? (e.g. Law)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »