Here's a little something to lighten up your day!
Thread poster: Yuski
Yuski
Yuski
Local time: 13:33
Japanese to English
Jun 26, 2019

You know those picture panels you often find at amusement parks, sightseeing spots, etc., especially in Japan, where the faces of the characters in the picture have been cut out so that people can fit their own faces in the holes and take photos?
Today, I had to translate some instructions on how to use these panels. They’re called 顔ハメパネルin Japanese, and I have since found out that they can be called “face in hole (boards),” “face hole cutouts,” “photo cutouts,” e
... See more
You know those picture panels you often find at amusement parks, sightseeing spots, etc., especially in Japan, where the faces of the characters in the picture have been cut out so that people can fit their own faces in the holes and take photos?
Today, I had to translate some instructions on how to use these panels. They’re called 顔ハメパネルin Japanese, and I have since found out that they can be called “face in hole (boards),” “face hole cutouts,” “photo cutouts,” etc., in English. But at first, I didn’t know what they were called, so I decided to try Google translate in the hope that it might offer me a clue as to how it could be translated, and the result has been making me laugh all day. Give it try (lol), but be warned that the result might offend those who are overly sensitive!
I can’t wait for the day I travel to some obscure sightseeing spot, way off the beaten track somewhere in Japan, where the owner of one these panels decided to rely on Google translate!
Collapse

Michael Newton
Michael Newton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:33
Japanese to English
+ ...
lighten your day Jun 26, 2019

Went to Google Translate. You certainly weren't kidding!

Kelly Lebel

Yuski
Yuski
Local time: 13:33
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
One thing's for certain Jun 26, 2019

One thing's for certain: We won't be losing our jobs to AI just yet (lol).

Roberto Tokuda

JJ Weeaboo
JJ Weeaboo
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
React Jul 21, 2019

LMAO

Why Google?
Just.. Why xD

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Takeshi MIYAHARA[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Here's a little something to lighten up your day!

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »