Erika Gunnarsdóttir
Erika Gunnarsdóttir  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 04:45
English to Danish
+ ...
Mar 12, 2018

Hi there!

Do you work as a translator or interpreter?

Then I would greatly appreciate your help.

I am currently writing my Master's thesis, which will be the final step certifying me as European Master's of Translation (EMT). During my last semester, I have had extensive training as an interpreter, and I have tried my hand at simultaneous, consecutive and whispering interpretation.

The questionnaire is chosen to support the findings from the li
... See more
Hi there!

Do you work as a translator or interpreter?

Then I would greatly appreciate your help.

I am currently writing my Master's thesis, which will be the final step certifying me as European Master's of Translation (EMT). During my last semester, I have had extensive training as an interpreter, and I have tried my hand at simultaneous, consecutive and whispering interpretation.

The questionnaire is chosen to support the findings from the literature.

In my Bachelor's thesis I wrote about nonverbal communication and how it may act as noise and thus hinder effective intercultural communication, and this time I seek to mix both interpretation, nonverbal communication and intercultural communication.

The questionnaire is therefore parted into four pages:

1st page - Info on you

2nd page - Intercultural communication

3rd page - Nonverbal communication

4th page - Relevance of intercultural communication and nonverbal communication in interpretation.

No examples of nonverbal communication are nor will be provided, as this may influence your responses. I am aware that there will be lack of nonverbal communication in simultaneous interpretation.

Finally, the questionnaire takes a maximum of 10 minutes:

https://goo.gl/forms/UnhBGzEQXuK19WTq1

All recorded answers are anonymous.

Thank you in advance!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Questionnaire for thesis

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »