I created a tool for translators and content writers. Feedback needed.
Thread poster: Andrzej Bernat
Andrzej Bernat
Andrzej Bernat
Poland
Local time: 07:38
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 21, 2019

Hello,

I am a programmer. Recently wife of mine were in need to get translations for a few online shops. She hired a translator but the whole process od getting translation done was a bit inefficient. The translator didnt translate all pages, lost some text etc. Then I got an idea to write a simple up to speed up and organize a bit the whole work. It took me around 30h to release the
... See more
Hello,

I am a programmer. Recently wife of mine were in need to get translations for a few online shops. She hired a translator but the whole process od getting translation done was a bit inefficient. The translator didnt translate all pages, lost some text etc. Then I got an idea to write a simple up to speed up and organize a bit the whole work. It took me around 30h to release the very first version.

http://pullnedit.com

I would like to ask you about the feedback on the tool. Does it make sense to develop the app further? What is your problem I could solve developing the app. I appreciate all reviews, opinionions . Feel free to test the tool, if needed I will upgrade your account for free.

Thank you so much!
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Andrzej Jan 21, 2019

Seems legit.

Andrzej Bernat wrote:
I appreciate all reviews, opinionions.

When I try to register an account, the site doesn't give me any feedback about my registration progress. Instead, it simply tells me I can't log in when I try to log in with my registered address. The password is sent to me, but the site doesn't say so. Also, the password mail ends up in my spam box. Then, when I try a web site to translate, there is no progress indicators to tell me if the system successfully started extracting the pages. I can download an ODT file, but it is empty.

For now, it seems that the tool scrapes a web site, converts the translatable content to CSV, ODT or some kind of HTML, and then... and then what? What happens to the translation?

[Edited at 2019-01-21 22:20 GMT]

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:38
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
My opinionion Jan 22, 2019

So your wife needed a translation but was not satisfied with the work of a translator? Was it a pro? Where did she find him/her?
Professional translation software has been developed since many decades by many corporations and private programmers. You could have a look at what is on offer already. But no software can deliver without a good human translator.

Matthias Brombach
Philippe Etienne
mk_lab

Andrzej Bernat
Andrzej Bernat
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Heinrich Jan 22, 2019

Heinrich Pesch wrote:
So your wife needed a translation but was not satisfied with the work of a translator?

Exactly. Maybe not exact with the quality of the translations but with the process of getting it done.

Was it a pro? Where did she find him/her?

He isn't a pro - he is just a men living in Poland, originally from Germany. She found him somewhere by his ads on some forum.

But no software can deliver without a good human translator.

Exactly!

Andrzej Bernat
Andrzej Bernat
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Jan 22, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:

Seems legit.

Andrzej Bernat wrote:

When I try to register an account, the site doesn't give me any feedback about my registration progress. Instead, it simply tells me I can't log in when I try to log in with my registered address. The password is sent to me, but the site doesn't say so. Also, the password mail ends up in my spam box. Then, when I try a web site to translate, there is no progress indicators to tell me if the system successfully started extracting the pages. I can download an ODT file, but it is empty.

For now, it seems that the tool scrapes a web site, converts the translatable content to CSV, ODT or some kind of HTML, and then... and then what? What happens to the translation?

Thank you for your willingness to test it. Seems like a hosting provider blocked the website as it is making so many requests for scrapping. I will get back to you as soon as I know what is going on exactly with the tool.

Andrzej Bernat
Andrzej Bernat
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Samuel Jan 22, 2019

Samuel Murray wrote:
Andrzej Bernat wrote:

When I try to register an account, the site doesn't give me any feedback about my registration progress.

You should be showed with a confirmation - I checked it right now, works properly. Nevertheless I will think how to make it more clear.

Samuel Murray wrote:
Instead, it simply tells me I can't log in when I try to log in with my registered address. The password is sent to me, but the site doesn't say so. Also, the password mail ends up in my spam box.

Thanks! This is very important information. I will get a deep insight what's causing the email marked as a spam.

Samuel Murray wrote:
Then, when I try a web site to translate, there is no progress indicators to tell me if the system successfully started extracting the pages. I can download an ODT file, but it is empty.

Fixed. Should be visible in your account.

Samuel Murray wrote:

The content imported from a website you can edit directly in your account. Then export it to the formats mentioned above and finally send to the client. Also you may assign particular pages to a translator if you are working in a group.

www.textunited.com is handling the full cycle for website translation Jan 31, 2019

Hi!
have a look at https://www.textunited.com/website-translation/
The tool scan the websites as well, but a user can translate and publish the translations via a snippet. Maybe you will find some useful ideas there.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I created a tool for translators and content writers. Feedback needed.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »