Alternatives to Dropbox?
Thread poster: Alain Alameddine
Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:42
English to Russian
Backblaze: a cloud backup solution May 18, 2015

If you are primarily interested in using a cloud storage service for backup purposes, your best choice at this point might be Backblaze. I have been using it for about 8 months now and I am very happy with this continuous (rather than manual or scheduled) backup solution.

Backup All Data
There is no need to pick folders and files. Backblaze is the only cloud backup solution that backs up all your photos, movies, musi
... See more
If you are primarily interested in using a cloud storage service for backup purposes, your best choice at this point might be Backblaze. I have been using it for about 8 months now and I am very happy with this continuous (rather than manual or scheduled) backup solution.

Backup All Data
There is no need to pick folders and files. Backblaze is the only cloud backup solution that backs up all your photos, movies, music and documents automatically. Of course you can also pick what not to backup in Backblaze Settings. Any deleted files will be retained for 30 days.

Unlimited Cloud Backup
Backblaze is the unlimited company - unlimited data, unlimited file size, unlimited file types, unlimited external drives, unlimited bandwidth. Yes, it's really unlimited.

Backblaze is $5/month per computer. You can also get a discount by buying a year for $50 ($10 off) or two-year for $95 ($25 off).
Collapse

Vladimir Pochinov
Vladimir Pochinov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:42
English to Russian
Take some time to learn what Tresorit people have to offer May 18, 2015

Rolf Keller wrote:

Vladimir Pochinov wrote:

We offered $50,000 if someone hacks our system. 1000 hackers from 49 countries tried, but no one succeeded.

Let's suppose somebody tried & succeeded. Would that fact have been published?

I believe a successful hacker would be the first to start bragging about his or her accomplishment.

And BTW, what about non-hackers like software developers, employees, Evil Maids, Romeo agents, NSA-like organisations, ...

https://tresorit.com/security

Tresorit's client-side encryption technology secures your files on your device with some of the highest grade encryption methods available and your files can’t be decrypted in the cloud. This makes them safer than “safe”. No one else has the decryption key, not even Tresorit administrators. Only you and those who you share with have access.

Tresorit sends files to the server with TLS, the successor to SSL. In addition to that, by using client side encryption first, your data enjoys another level of security, preventing even the slightest chance of spying on files during transfer.

By using Tresorit, your files remain encrypted, so no one, not even Tresorit staff, is able to decrypt your files to see, steal, or modify them.

Naturally, we take our core security very seriously, but even if it were to fail, your data would still be safe since all anyone can see on the servers is random bits of data.

We also free ourselves from the hassle, and you from the risk, of local government entities requesting access to your data. We simply have no possible way to open our clients data for government examination.
At Tresorit, your security comes first.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:42
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Still off-topic May 18, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

Incidentally, you’re the one who started your usual Luddite scaremongering, and veered off-topic, not me. The OP asked for "Alternatives to Dropbox?", not irrational reasons to fear technology. How bout starting your own thread aimed at warning us all of the awful dangers of "The Cloud" [said with spooky ghoul voice].

Michael

Off-topic.

[Edited at 2015-05-18 11:05 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alternatives to Dropbox?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »