Thread poster: Monika Coulson
Maria Luisa Duarte
Maria Luisa Duarte
Spain
Local time: 19:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Condolences Oct 3, 2002

I send a prayer and condolenses to the family of Monika Martens\'.

\"There are no words that can explain, rationalize, comfort, satisfy or silence the pain you are all feeling right now. However, I have found some that are solice in extreme times of need - and they could only come from our savior. Peter 5:7 says \"Cast all of your anxiety on him because he cares for you\". Even in these hard terrible, sad times, he cares for you.

Nora Romano
Nora Romano
English to Spanish
peace and love during this difficult time Oct 3, 2002

My deepest condolences for the loss of your love one.

Nora

Carla Trapani
Carla Trapani
English to Italian
+ ...
Condolescences Oct 3, 2002

I was really shocked to heard about this tragic loss!!

My sincerest condolescences and prayers to her family.

Carla

Jolanta Schimenti
Jolanta Schimenti  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:32
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Condolences Oct 3, 2002

My sincerest condolences to Monica\'s family and friends. Its those left behind, who carry the pain... I am with you in my thoughts.

mergim
mergim  Identity Verified
United States
English to Italian
+ ...
Deep sorrow for the unexpected death of Mrs.Monica Martens Oct 3, 2002

May Monica rest in peace as well as shall the Lord give strength to her family members in this circumstance affected with grief.

António Ribeiro
António Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Condolences Oct 3, 2002

My condolences to Monika\'s family and friends.

António Ribeiro

Austrália

CLS Lexi-tech
CLS Lexi-tech
English to Italian
+ ...
Our thoughts for the family of Monika Oct 4, 2002

The ties that bind even a \"virtual\" community are strong and Monika will be missed.

My sincere condolescences to the family.

Paola Ludovici MacQuarrie

Hull, Canada

Carlos Moreno
Carlos Moreno  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 12:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Do you want to know whether your mission is accomplished? Oct 4, 2002

Are you alive?

Then it is not accomplished.

From Richard Bach\'s Jonathan Liviingston Seagull.

May you receive my prayers for a member of our community, one that we will always remember with love.

Vanessa Marques
Vanessa Marques  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 18:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
condolences Oct 4, 2002

My deepest simpathy to Monica\'s husband and family in this time of loss.

Vanessa

Portugal

asil
asil
English to Spanish
+ ...
A huge loss Oct 4, 2002

I am sorry to read about this tragic event. I visited her profile and I was even sader to know a young, talented and bright person pass away. My condolences to her family and to everyone who knew her.

Walaa(prime)
Walaa(prime)
English to Arabic
+ ...
no one would forget her Oct 4, 2002

That’s true that I have never meet Monika or even heard about her because we work in two different language pairs, but I was touched by her smile , innocent face and the way the people knew her talk about her. I want to assure that people with such good traits never die because a person dies the minute his family ,friends and folks forget him \\her. I am sure none of us would forget her .My deepest condolences to her family. God bless her.

prime

[ This
... See more
That’s true that I have never meet Monika or even heard about her because we work in two different language pairs, but I was touched by her smile , innocent face and the way the people knew her talk about her. I want to assure that people with such good traits never die because a person dies the minute his family ,friends and folks forget him \\her. I am sure none of us would forget her .My deepest condolences to her family. God bless her.

prime

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-05 00:57 ]

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-05 01:18 ]
Collapse

Oso (X)
Oso (X)
Spanish
+ ...
Dear Monika... Oct 4, 2002

…thank you for having made us a part of your life. May our respect and love for you be at your side forever.

Oso

California, USA

Anila Mayhew (X)
Anila Mayhew (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:32
English to Albanian
+ ...
What a loss! Oct 4, 2002

I didn\'t expect to spend my afternoon with teary eyes as I thought about this terrible loss.

Monika\'s kindness and inner beaty showed in her smile from her picture and her presence at Proz.

I send my heart-felt condolences to Monika\'s family and want them to know that they are in my prayers as they go through this time of grieving.

Monika! You will be missed.

Anila Mayhew

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:32
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
Update... Oct 4, 2002

I just spoke to Marc Martens, Monika’s husband and wanted to tell you how much he is missing her. He was in tears, but managed to tell me that Monika was an angel all her life and he believes that God is taking good care of her now. He said that he knows that Monika had a mission in this life, and that her mission was completed and he feels that it was her time to go up and that he should not have prevented her from going to Heaven.

Just before the accident Monika was goi
... See more
I just spoke to Marc Martens, Monika’s husband and wanted to tell you how much he is missing her. He was in tears, but managed to tell me that Monika was an angel all her life and he believes that God is taking good care of her now. He said that he knows that Monika had a mission in this life, and that her mission was completed and he feels that it was her time to go up and that he should not have prevented her from going to Heaven.

Just before the accident Monika was going to a dentist appointment and her car rolled over on a bridge. After the accident she was conscious, she was talking with her family members, telling them that she could not believe what had just happened to her and she did not have any bruises at all. Then she was taken to a hospital, where they realized that she had some severe internal bleeding. Her lungs soon started to fill with blood and this caused the tragic loss.

Her funeral will be this coming Tuesday at 10:00 am (Latvia time), 3:00 am EST (USA) 6:00 am PST (USA) and Marc has kindly asked to either say a little prayer for Monika on that day, or light a candle for her. He is so grateful for all of the friends who have expressed their sympathy to him and to their family. Monika and Marc have been married for seven years and did not have any children. Marc said that these seven years have been the best seven years of his life. He said that he knows that she is in a better place now, continuing another mission there.

More update from Marc:

The Funeral Ceremony will be held on Tuesday, 08 of October 2002. This Ceremony shall be held at St.Jekab Cathedral (Sveta Jekaba Katedrale, behind the parliament in old city) at 10.00 a.m.

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-10-06 17:43 ]
Collapse

Erika Grzincic-Baumgart  M.A.
Erika Grzincic-Baumgart M.A.
English to German
+ ...
Condolences Oct 4, 2002

My condolences to Monika\'s family.

Erika Grzincic

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Our dear friend Monika Martens

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »