Olga Marras Hanna (Gatwick Translation Services)
Thread poster: Rod Brookes
Rod Brookes
Rod Brookes  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:19
Member (2008)
Spanish to English
Apr 1, 2019

My friend and colleague Olga Marras Hanna sadly passed away on 18 March. A genuine linguist who was native in French, English and Italian, and fluent in Spanish, Olga worked as a professional translator since the early 1980s, eventually becoming a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. As proprietor of the company Gatwick Translation Services, she was the ideal outsourcer. She knew that the best way to supply high-quality translations to her clients was to find the best translators and ... See more
My friend and colleague Olga Marras Hanna sadly passed away on 18 March. A genuine linguist who was native in French, English and Italian, and fluent in Spanish, Olga worked as a professional translator since the early 1980s, eventually becoming a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. As proprietor of the company Gatwick Translation Services, she was the ideal outsourcer. She knew that the best way to supply high-quality translations to her clients was to find the best translators and treat them as personal friends, which came very naturally to her. Registered on Proz almost since the beginning, she was not a regular contributor to the forums. However, I am sure that many Proz members will have had the pleasure of working with her over the years through her outsourcing work. She will be very much missed by her husband Don, her children Caroline and Nicholas, her family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and everyone who had the privilege to know her.

Her Proz profile is here: https://www.proz.com/profile/15111
Collapse

Khalid Sabili
Khalid Sabili  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:19
English to Dutch
+ ...
Sorry to hear... Apr 1, 2019

Rod Brookes wrote:

My friend and colleague Olga Marras Hanna sadly passed away on 18 March. A genuine linguist who was native in French, English and Italian, and fluent in Spanish, Olga worked as a professional translator since the early 1980s, eventually becoming a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Linguists. As proprietor of the company Gatwick Translation Services, she was the ideal outsourcer. She knew that the best way to supply high-quality translations to her clients was to find the best translators and treat them as personal friends, which came very naturally to her. Registered on Proz almost since the beginning, she was not a regular contributor to the forums. However, I am sure that many Proz members will have had the pleasure of working with her over the years through her outsourcing work. She will be very much missed by her husband Don, her children Caroline and Nicholas, her family, friends, neighbours, colleagues and everyone who had the privilege to know her.

Her Proz profile is here: https://www.proz.com/profile/15111

May she rest in peace. Please accept my condolences.

DZiW (X)
Natalia Pedrosa

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Olga Marras Hanna (Gatwick Translation Services)

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »