Thread poster: Jared Tabor
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth
Andrea Garfield-Barkworth  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:27
Member (2015)
German to English
RIP Siegfried Jun 29, 2017

Shocked to hear this. Siegfried always had lots of no-nonsense advice and tips to share that made good sense. May he rest in peace.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Condolences to his family and friends Jun 29, 2017

Shocking news.

[Edited at 2017-06-29 21:33 GMT]

Silvia Schulz
Silvia Schulz
Netherlands
English to German
+ ...
Condolences Jun 29, 2017

My sincere condolences to his family and friends. I always wanted to attend some of his webinars (particularly about proz profiles), but did not get around to do it. May he rest in peace.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Such sad news Jun 30, 2017

My sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Siegfried. You will be missed.

[Edited at 2017-06-30 06:54 GMT]

Agnes Lenkey
Agnes Lenkey  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Condolences to his family Jun 30, 2017

Such said news to hear. It was always very constructive to read him and he teached us a lot, even without knowing him personally.

Only passionate and serious professionals achieve such a high impact on the international community.

Rest in peace and your work will persist amongst us.

[Edited at 2017-06-30 14:13 GMT]

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:27
English to German
+ ...
Siegfried will be remembered Jul 1, 2017

I am so sorry to hear of Siegfried's passing. He was a true, dedicated professional, a defender of ethical behavior in a business sector in which translators are often treated unfairly. He surely supported and taught many colleagues by presenting webinars and offering term libraries and glossaries. And I appreciated his active role in the forums. Thank you for what you did for us all, Siegfried.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Siegfried will be sorely missed!

... See more
I am so sorry to hear of Siegfried's passing. He was a true, dedicated professional, a defender of ethical behavior in a business sector in which translators are often treated unfairly. He surely supported and taught many colleagues by presenting webinars and offering term libraries and glossaries. And I appreciated his active role in the forums. Thank you for what you did for us all, Siegfried.
My deepest condolences to his family and friends. Siegfried will be sorely missed!

Es tut mir so leid, von Siegfrieds Tod zu erfahren. Ich bedanke mich für seinen professionellen Einsatz für unsere Branche und spreche seiner Familie und seinen Freunden mein tiefstes Mitgefühl aus.

Bernhard Sulzer
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Sad news Jul 1, 2017

My condolences to his family, he will be always remembered

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Shocked Sep 7, 2017

I only knew him through his contributions on Proz and the Alexandria Project but he appeared to be passionate about his job.

My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 03:27
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
RIP Siegfried Sep 7, 2017

He had strong opinions, and always defended them on behalf of ethics.
Siegfried also played an important role in showing the right way to newcomers into the profession.
He will be missed.

Robert Schlarb
Robert Schlarb  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
Pioneer and mentor Nov 1, 2017

Back in the 2000s I encountered Siegfried time and again providing advice on kudoz queries. As many above have noted, Siegfried was outspoken and at times even vehement about his opinion, but his intention was always unmistakeable: to contribute to professionalizing an industry that at the time was severely amateur (I consciously include myself in that designation) and to guiding others in seeking excellence (again I include myself).

Some will perhaps remember Siegfried's statement
... See more
Back in the 2000s I encountered Siegfried time and again providing advice on kudoz queries. As many above have noted, Siegfried was outspoken and at times even vehement about his opinion, but his intention was always unmistakeable: to contribute to professionalizing an industry that at the time was severely amateur (I consciously include myself in that designation) and to guiding others in seeking excellence (again I include myself).

Some will perhaps remember Siegfried's statement at the 2014 FIT Convention at Berlin, where he again revealed himself very much the fighter in a noble cause. While he has left this life, perhaps prematurely for some of us, he was never brought down. Thank you Siegfried: your spirit lives on.
Collapse

Ingeborg Gowans (X)
Ingeborg Gowans (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:27
English to German
+ ...
Sad to hear Nov 1, 2017

So sorry to hear about Siegfried Armbruster's passing. He was always kind and knowledgible and I valued his input.
He will be missed.

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 02:27
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

RIP Siegfried Nov 3, 2017

You'll clearly be missed.

Claudia Schreiner
Claudia Schreiner  Identity Verified
Austria
English to German
+ ...
RIP Siegfried Nov 10, 2017

I really enjoyed Siegfried's webinars which motivated me to go deeper into the field of medical translations. And I always appreciated Siegfried's open and honest feedback. To me he was a great mentor and I am very grateful that he shared so much of his experience with us translators.

I miss our discussions!

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
English to French
Thank you Siegfried Nov 13, 2017

...for your contributions on this site.
Although I didn't know him, I've always read his posts with interest.
Sad news.

Philippe

ELC GROUP
ELC GROUP
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
In memoriam Nov 20, 2017

Siegfried has been for long one of our most valuable German translators. Not long before he passed away he was still working on a project for us. We were all chocked and sad to learn about his death. We knew he had health issues, but we could not have imagined he had so little time left.
Our team wants to express our sincere condolences to his friends and family. RIP Siegfried, the world of translations will be missing you!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Siegfried Armbruster

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »