Doreen Schäfer
Doreen Schäfer  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:54
Member (2006)
English to German
Jun 4, 2015

Shocked by the news this morning.

Our valued and appreciated colleague and cheerful friend Chris Irwin died last Saturday (30th May 2015).

His valued input and entertaining approach will be dearly missed by colleagues and friends equally.

My thoughts in this hard hours are with Hella, his beloved wife, and his whole family.

P. S. If you would like to give your condolences to his wife and family, you may do so here:
... See more
Shocked by the news this morning.

Our valued and appreciated colleague and cheerful friend Chris Irwin died last Saturday (30th May 2015).

His valued input and entertaining approach will be dearly missed by colleagues and friends equally.

My thoughts in this hard hours are with Hella, his beloved wife, and his whole family.

P. S. If you would like to give your condolences to his wife and family, you may do so here:

http://www.kondolenzbuch-online.de/cgi-bin/2015/books/000179.pl

[Bearbeitet am 2015-06-04 16:43 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2015-06-04 16:43 GMT]
Collapse

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Thank you, Doreen Jun 5, 2015

for sharing the sad news.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 18:54
SITE STAFF
A great professional who was always helpful Jun 6, 2015

I remember, when I started at ProZ.com, admiring how readily "Textklick" would help and mentor colleagues, on and off the site. I did not have the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I know he will be missed here.

Bernhard Sulzer
Bernhard Sulzer  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:54
English to German
+ ...
An exceptionally nice man! Jun 6, 2015

So sad to hear about this. Chris was always a professional and very friendly, funny and polite gentleman! Talked to him often in the KudoZ forum. He will be missed. My deepest condolences to his family!

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Sad news Jun 7, 2015

I had known him here at Proz.com, we will miss him, another great loss.

My sincere condolences to his family.

RIP Textklick

Craig Meulen
Craig Meulen  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:54
German to English
Sad news indeed Jun 9, 2015

I, too, remember him as an extremely helpful KudoZ-colleague and as a human with a great heart.

May he enjoy many a glass of wine with St. Jerome!

Vincenzo Di Maso
Vincenzo Di Maso  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:54
Member (2009)
English to Italian
+ ...
RIP Jun 9, 2015

What a sad news
RIP Chris

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

RIP - Chris Irwin

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »