Lingua-Franca  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:03
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 25, 2010

Dear colleagues,

I think many of those who work in EN-ES pair knew and I am more than sure, loved and respected Barbara Oliver Matas. She was such a humble and beautiful person, such an extraordinary translator. And a person of greath strength and courage. And kindness. She passed away on Friday 19 in her native Mallorca. She worked and wanted to live and smile till her last days. May I please ask for a minute of silence for her. ... See more
Dear colleagues,

I think many of those who work in EN-ES pair knew and I am more than sure, loved and respected Barbara Oliver Matas. She was such a humble and beautiful person, such an extraordinary translator. And a person of greath strength and courage. And kindness. She passed away on Friday 19 in her native Mallorca. She worked and wanted to live and smile till her last days. May I please ask for a minute of silence for her.

Her proz profile: http://www.proz.com/translator/912655

This is a huge, and a very painful loss. We'll miss you, dear, dearest Barbara. Rest in pease. Descansa en paz, querida, muy querida Bárbara. Te echamos de menos.

May I please ask the PROZ staff to delete, in brief, Barbara's profile. It's the desire of Barbara's family (please email me if you need any authorization).
Thank you to all of you who honour her memory.
Kind regards,
Francisco

Note to PROZ staff: if there is a possibility to leave Barbara's profile in a memorial way (without any contact details, etc.), please do so. Thank you.

[Editado a las 2010-11-25 14:00 GMT]

[Editado a las 2010-11-25 14:02 GMT]
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com would like to express condolences Nov 25, 2010

Dear Francisco,

Thanks for informing colleagues of this sad news and, please, extend ProZ.com condolences to Bárbara's family.

I will personally take care of replacing Bárbara's profile with an "In memoriam" note now.

Best regards,

Lucia

Lingua-Franca
Lingua-Franca  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:03
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
gracias, Lucía. Nov 25, 2010

Gracias.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Dear, dear Barbara Oliver gone. RIP.

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »