Henk Peelen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 04:21
Member (2002)
German to Dutch
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jan 19, 2010

I don't think "everyone" did know her, but our dear colleague Margreet Logmans was seriously ill from 2008 on. In 2007 I got to know Margreet, since we co-operated in the localisation project. She kept interested colleague’s up to date via her newsletter (sorry, Dutch):
http://www.vertaalbureaulogmans.nl/emails.php
Like said, she did a big part in the localisation of this site
... See more
I don't think "everyone" did know her, but our dear colleague Margreet Logmans was seriously ill from 2008 on. In 2007 I got to know Margreet, since we co-operated in the localisation project. She kept interested colleague’s up to date via her newsletter (sorry, Dutch):
http://www.vertaalbureaulogmans.nl/emails.php
Like said, she did a big part in the localisation of this site into Dutch and next to that she contributed greatly in at least three powwow’s by doing field trips about the history of the visited cities.
Last year, she worked on as long as possible and was happy to celebrate, together with her Husband Hugo and their three sons Job, Lucas and Gerjan their 12.5 year wedding jubilee on January 2. However, last month, her health speedily became worrisome and I agreed with Margreet and Hugo that I’d tell you this sad news.

Photobucket

This reads:
In John 14, verse 2 and 3 Jesus promises His believers
In my Father’s house are many mansions, if not, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, [there] ye may be also.

On 2010 January 18th passed away

Margreet Gerdien Logmans-Ronda
age 39 years
wife of Hugo Maurice Logmans
mother of Job, Lucas and Gerjan
Mailing address:
Family Logmans
Pascalstraat 103
7323 EW Apeldoorn
The Netherlands
E-mail: see above (for spam reasons, in familie[ad]logmans.eu change [ad] into @ )

You could pay your last respect and sympathize with the family on the loss of Margreet on Friday January 22 between 12.15 and 13.15 in the Andreas church at the Anklaarseweg 185 in Apeldoorn.
Then, at 13.30 there’ll be a memorial service in the same church.
Around 15.00 her body will be laid to rest at the Cemetery “Begraafplaats Wenum” at the Ramsbrugweg 10 in Wenum.
Margreet loved flowers.

For those people here around The Netherlands, the funeral is next Friday (as you saw above)
1) I think some translators will go to the funeral. Let me know if you’d want to go and want to make group.
2) Afterwards we could do a powwow around Apeldoorn. . .
No time to lose, only some days to go. http://www.proz.com/powwow/3056

Apart from the funeral:
1) rose project
Margreet loved flowers and she disn’t think her live was in vain, she expects the One who rose from the Grave, Jesus, to await her in the world she has gone to. So, “rose” could for translators be the word that connects Jesus and Margreet.
Margreet did some splendid city tours in Utrecht and Nijmegen. Now again she beats us in city knowledge: Abou the Eternal City without parking problems, pain sorrow or darkness. The sun never sets because the Lamb is the Light. I found a nice song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaaN8Srclg4&feature=related

Probably there are roses over there.
Together with some powwow pictures we already have and rose pictures that you may like to send me, I’d like to make a photo montage and put that on youTube. I got permission for the record above and use that as a “basis” for the pictures.

So if you want to contribute to this virtual memorial rose project, send a picture of a rose and probably some words you’d like to put me “over” the picture. Just some words, for instance
Dear Margreet, rest in peace
[your name]

Within some weeks I’ll finish that project and publish it on YouTube. And if you like, you or I could put the picture here, already.

How to send a rose:
electronic picture to my e mail address HenkPeelen[ad]Compuserve.Com where [ad] is @
You could also send a "paper picture" to
Henk Peelen
Z Kooistraat 20
NL-9871 PC Stroobos
Les Pays-Bas

Then I make a picture of it with my camera.

Here's Nicole's picture
Photobucket

The Wild Alberta Rose, symbol of the Canadian Alberta province (Rosa acicularis, so, despite its rose color, the rose is wild, not the province)

Roos van Tina

roos van Kornelia

Roos van Ada

Roos van Mieke

Roos van Percy

Roos van Gerard

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/view.cfm?l=ger&c=10015247

http://www.mensenlinq.nl/mensenlinq/overlijdendvhn/site/advertentie/detail?pid=2375383

Thank to all of you for your sympathy. I'll pass them on to Hugo. If you know Dutch, the Dutch forum might be interesting to you:
http://www.proz.com/forum/dutch/155615-collega_margreet_logmans_in_vrede_van_ons_heengegegaan.html

[Bijgewerkt op 2010-01-20 17:59 GMT]

[Bijgewerkt op 2010-01-20 21:05 GMT]
Collapse

XX789 (X)
XX789 (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
My deepest sympathies Jan 20, 2010

Please accept my sincere condolences.

Suzanne Deliscar
Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:21
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Sincere Condolences from Canada Jan 20, 2010

Thank you for posting Henk,

My sympathies to you, Margreet's family and friends. The translator community lost a wonderful person.

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:51
German to English
Very sad news Jan 20, 2010

Although I never met Margreet in person, she was very active in the forums for a while and I remember her postings well. She came across as a serious professional, always willing to help with tips and advice, as well as being a warm and friendly person. She will be sorely missed by many.

My heartfelt condolences to her family and friends.

Niraja

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Condolences from Spain Jan 20, 2010

I am sure dear God reserved a special place in Heaven for her.

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:21
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
How sad Jan 20, 2010

I'm so sad to hear of Margreet's death. Although I never met her, I felt she was a friend. Her forum postings were always lively and interesting. My sympathy to her family and friends.
Jenny

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
We have lost a helpful soul Jan 20, 2010

I remember Margreet's helpful KudoZ contributions in the NL-DE pair, which was not even hers, but she was there to help. So sad to see her go.

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
Sad Jan 20, 2010

I'm very sad to hear that Margreet is gone. Although I haven't met her in person, I remember her as a very helpful and friendly colleague from forum discussions and Kudoz. She will be missed very much.

My deepest condolences to her family.

[Bearbeitet am 2010-01-20 08:28 GMT]

Maria Amorim (X)
Maria Amorim (X)  Identity Verified
Sweden
Swedish to Portuguese
+ ...
Condolences to her family Jan 20, 2010

I am sorrow, I remember how bright and active she was in the foruns.

Els Hoefman
Els Hoefman  Identity Verified
English to Dutch
+ ...
Too young Jan 20, 2010

I too remember her from the forums. She was my age, too young to go and leave a family behind. I wish her family strength in these difficult times.

Thank you for letting us know, Henk.

Ivette Camargo López
Ivette Camargo López  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
My sincere condolences, too Jan 20, 2010

This is shocking news, Henk. Thanks for taking the time to inform us, Henk.

The community/human interaction part of these forums/this online community (or of the Internet in general) is sometimes trivialized, but it is news like this that remind us that we are all real people interconnected thanks to the Internet, not just a nickname or a profile icon or picture.

My sincere solidarity wishes to Margreet's family and friends,

Ivette

Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:21
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sincere condolences from Brazil Jan 20, 2010

Even though I never had the opportunity to meet Margreet in person, I was always enlightened by her collaborations to a wide range of forums in this website. Through her participations in the forums she taught us a lot and shared her experiences with us in an enriching manner.

My thoughts are with her family at this difficult time.

Dana Rinaldi
Dana Rinaldi
Italy
Italian to English
+ ...
Condolences Jan 20, 2010

I am deeply sorry for the death of our colleague Margreet. I pray that her husband and children find the strength in such a difficult time.
Dana Rinaldi

Kai Zimmermann
Kai Zimmermann  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Russian to German
+ ...
Condolences Jan 20, 2010

Very sad news. Please accept my sincere condolences. I knew Margreet from the Winterswijk Powwow and valued her as a very congenial fellow-translator.

Kai

Sarah Jane Webb
Sarah Jane Webb  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
my sincere condolences Jan 20, 2010

to Margreet Logmans' family.
Sarah

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Gone, but not forgotten: colleague Margreet Logmans passed away

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »