Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >
Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away
Thread poster: José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
KyriakiAilamaki
KyriakiAilamaki
Greece
Local time: 11:55
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
My sincere condolences Oct 9, 2003

Karina, please accept my deepest condolences for this great loss.

Kyriaki

Rajan Chopra
Rajan Chopra
India
Local time: 15:25
Member (2008)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Just 34....................It is tragic Oct 9, 2003

He was so young to be snatched away by cruel destiny but unfortunately death does not consider age.

May his soul rest in peace. I request Almighty to give immense strength to his family to bear this tragedy.

Eugenia Corbo
Eugenia Corbo  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
...sin palabras. Oct 9, 2003

Karina, I am sorry for your loss. I will keep Allan, you and your family in my prayers.

Gerard Burns Jr.
Gerard Burns Jr.
United States
Local time: 04:55
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm terribly sorry Oct 9, 2003

Though I didn\'t know him or his bereaved wife, I\'m terribly sorry to hear about Dr. Brown\'s death; 34 is simply too young, and my heart goes out to his wife, Karina, I can\'t imagine how deep a shock it must have been. Take consolation in the fact, Karina, that while he could be with you, you helped to make his life happy. May God hold him in the palm of his hand.

monigeha
monigeha  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:55
German to French
+ ...
sincere condolecnes to family and friends... Oct 9, 2003

Simon Du wrote:

I know nothing about Dr.Allan Brown,but I can tell he is a great man from others' comments. Passed away at 34..., a great loss! Great wish to his wife. May God bless you.

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:55
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
THANK YOU ALL Oct 9, 2003

UPDATE - 2003.10.09

I have just spoken to Karina. She told me to let you all know that she has yet no words to say "Thank you!!" but that she will answer here and in the Spanish forum later on.

She is deeply moved by these and by private messages.

Karin, family, close friends and I were together for the last two days but today, while I go back to work, she and her sister had to go fixing some paperwork.

I publicly want to thank all of you but
... See more
UPDATE - 2003.10.09

I have just spoken to Karina. She told me to let you all know that she has yet no words to say "Thank you!!" but that she will answer here and in the Spanish forum later on.

Karin, family, close friends and I were together for the last two days but today, while I go back to work, she and her sister had to go fixing some paperwork.

I publicly want to thank all of you but specially mention my never ending gratitude and respect towards Elinor Thomas, Aurora Humarán, Billy Greendyk, Henry Dotterer, Jason Grimes, all the mods, and Enrique & Haydée Cavalitto for helping me hold on.

A big hug to you.

José Luis
Collapse

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Some sad reflections Oct 9, 2003

I feel very moved by this flow of condolences arriving from all corners of the world, and in particular for all those labeled as “first posting”. Such a broad network of support says a lot about the kind of people that can be found in this site.

It also says something about our human condition. We are all individuals and we have all different lives, different problems and solutions, different paths.

Yet we all face certain death, and even though we try hard to k
... See more
I feel very moved by this flow of condolences arriving from all corners of the world, and in particular for all those labeled as “first posting”. Such a broad network of support says a lot about the kind of people that can be found in this site.

It also says something about our human condition. We are all individuals and we have all different lives, different problems and solutions, different paths.

Yet we all face certain death, and even though we try hard to keep this common fate outside our radar screens, sometimes the passing of a colleague or friend brings it forward and we become conscious of our fragility. And of the huge forces that should bond us all below the petty storms created by our trivial differences.

We should remember these moments to learn that every day, every minute should be lived as though it was the last. And to express our love and appreciation often, for a person may be taken from our side and every word of love left unsaid becomes then a weight on your heart.

Allan Brown was a good professional, but above all he was a good man with a great heart. He had a lot of love to give, and he gave it to all around him, and especially to Karina and her two kids. How sad that it was just his heart that failed him...

And yet, in his shot years, Allan managed to leave a very positive trace in the world, to improve the life of those around him. And this is a form of survival, much better than the one based on banal fame or trivial achievements. For he survives in the quiet memory of his loved ones.

Enrique Cavalitto
Collapse

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:55
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Likewise! Oct 9, 2003

two2tango wrote:

Enrique Cavalitto

Dear Enrique and everyone else,

You touched on the very point that struck me in this sad but unifying moment -- the fact that numerous posts had those green letters accompanying them which said, "First posting." It goes to show that the passing of Allan has in a way brought the Proz community, from all corners of the earth, together in one united cause, that of an outpouring of love and support for Allan, Karina, and children. Even some who had never ventured to post in a forum couldn't contain themselves, but felt compelled by love to reach out to those in need.

Yesterday was a day when I wished I lived in Buenos Aires; the yearning to help was intense. But the love of all of us here at Proz.com was personified in the likes of people like Jose Luis, Aurora, Elinor, you and Haydee, and all the others who were able to be there physically. Be sure of the fact that you represented all of us as one unified body. That's beautiful, and is the silver lining of an otherwise very grey cloud.

[Edited at 2003-10-09 18:55]

two2tango
two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
The ones at the front line Oct 9, 2003

Hi Billy
In fact the first line was covered by José Luis and Elinor, with several supporting actors in the back stage. Both of them rushed to the site immediately and remained there for as long as needed.
I feel proud to count them among my friends.
Enrique

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Billy and Enrique... Oct 9, 2003

Your spirit and the spirit of ALL of those who greeted Karina here and all of those who could not make it physically was there through us. Elinor and I spent the first day with her and we made sure ALL of you were there...

It was very moving to see the vibes created...

I was proud, surprised and froze when I saw Aurora go in an pay her last visit to Allan. Aurora had been to a couple services only - just family members. She does not like it, cannot stand it. As I as
... See more
Your spirit and the spirit of ALL of those who greeted Karina here and all of those who could not make it physically was there through us. Elinor and I spent the first day with her and we made sure ALL of you were there...

I was proud, surprised and froze when I saw Aurora go in an pay her last visit to Allan. Aurora had been to a couple services only - just family members. She does not like it, cannot stand it. As I asked 'why?', Karina came to both of us and Aurora looked at her to tell her "I do not know if I am good company as I cannot be strong." A look without words was enough. Their hands together and both of them crying...

I was almost in tears when I saw Aivars (who had just been a logo until that moment) standing next to Allan's. Aivars was so shocked, so sad but so supportice with Karina.

I was moved when an "stranger" came to me and said "I am Mariano and I do know you from ProZ.com". Gracias, Mariano.

I was speechless and so happy to hear that Herny called. I was on the phone, at Karina's place, with some one else, and Karina said "Henry, thank you for call" to then burst into tears...

I do not recall his name, Daniel ?? - is a name important, but he came to us (Aurora, Elinor and I) and greeted us...Another annonymus proZian, from the German community, who was there as well.

I could go on and on.

THANK YOU. I am lucky and honored to be your friend.

JL

[Edited at 2003-10-09 21:11]

[Edited at 2003-10-09 21:19]
Collapse

LJC (X)
LJC (X)
France
French to English
+ ...
Condolences Oct 9, 2003

I too would like to offer my sincere condolences to Karina and her children on their tragic loss.

I find it very moving to know that although we are a 'virtual' community, behind the profiles lie real people who care deeply about their colleagues. Sometimes we share our joy in the forums; now we are sharing our sadness.

Karina, my thoughts are with you.

Lesley Clayton

Elinor Thomas
Elinor Thomas  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
+ ...
I want to join JL in THANKING ALL OF YOU Oct 9, 2003

for your support, your love, and your presence. no matter where in the planet you live, you were all there.
It was absolutely moving to see what happened here.
I also feel proud to count JL, Aurora, Quique and Haydee, among my friends.
And I also feel very proud of being a member of the Prozians' community.

Elinor

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk wrote:

I was proud, surprised and froze when I saw Aurora go in an pay her last visit to Allan. Aurora had been to a couple services only - just family members. She does not like it, cannot stand it. As I asked 'why?', Karina came to both of us and Aurora looked at her to tell her "I do not know if I am good company as I cannot be strong." A look without words was enough. Their hands together and both of them crying...

I was almost in tears when I saw Aivars (who had just been a logo until that moment) standing next to Allan's. Aivars was so shocked, so sad but so supportice with Karina.

I was moved when an "stranger" came to me and said "I am Mariano and I do know you from ProZ.com". Gracias, Mariano.

I was speechless and so happy to hear that Herny called. I was on the phone, at Karina's place, with some one else, and Karina said "Henry, thank you for call" to then burst into tears...

I do not recall his name, Daniel ?? - is a name important, but he came to us (Aurora, Elinor and I) and greeted us...Another annonymus proZian, from the German community, who was there as well.

I could go on and on.

THANK YOU. I am lucky and honored to be your friend.

JL

[Edited at 2003-10-09 21:11]

[Edited at 2003-10-09 21:19]

kaalema
kaalema
English
+ ...
my most sincere condolences Oct 10, 2003

to Dr. Brown's family and friends. A life lost so young is indeed a great loss.

richybee
richybee
Spain
English
+ ...
Thankyou to all,gracias a todos Oct 13, 2003

Muchas gracias a todos que le conocen, le vi hace tres semanas aqui en España,yo era muy contento de saber como era su vida y amigos en Argentina. No tengo las palabras en este momento, ojala que puedo escribir algo en este forum muy pronto.

Richard Brown ( su hermano mayor)

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk wrote:

Allan Brown, MD, passed away this morning Argentina time. Sudden death as a result of a massive infarct.

Allan was married to Karina Pelech - both members of ProZ.com under the joint name ACB&KMP (30920).

He was 34 years old and had moved to Argentina from the UK, aproximately +2 years ago.

He was a good translator, a good humored friend and, above all, a good man.

It was a sudden death, he did not suffer.
At least he died in her arms.

May he rest in peace.

José Luis

[Edited at 2003-10-08 06:34]

Dear friend:

Thank you for loving Karina.
Thank you for loving her (your) children.
Thank you for loving her (your) family.
Thank you for loving your friends.
Thank you for your dreams and passion for life.
Thank you for giving and sharing your light and energy.
Thank you for your time here and your teachings.

Last year, you said the following (http://www.proz.com/topic/5479?post_id=34467)

"Terrible Tragedy ... Oct 5, 2002

I personally didn't get to know Monika, but I noticed one or two of her answers in the community...
I have just taken a look at her profile, and it appears that she always had a "Greeting" for fellow colleagues and ProZ.com members. Monika may not have been in the community long, but it appears that she had a lasting effect upon many. Having seen the ebulliently professional, though informal, manner in which she communicated with others, this isn't surprising at all.

I wasn't as lucky as some of the other members, in receiving a 'greeting' from Monika, but I shall send one to you, Marc, with my sincere and heartfelt condolences.
While I light a candle for her this coming week, could you perhaps send her a 'greeting' from me..? Thank you.

As one member has already said - even though many rely (wholly or partly) on our skills through words, meanings, communication, for our livelihoods - it's amazing to see how difficult it is to find the appropriate words/sentiments for such a tragedy. To one so young and full of promise, as well.

I hope that you may continue to smile as she did here...

My deepest sympathies,

Dr A. C. Brown
Buenos Aires, Argentina"

My comments...

You may now greet Monika in person.
We will make sure that Karina keeps smiling as you did while you were with us - after all, you will be inside her ALWAYS.
We will make sure your kids keep up with rugby.

José Luis

[Edited at 2003-10-08 06:37]

UPDATE - 2003.10.09

I publicly want to thank all of you but specially mention my never ending gratitude and respect towards Elinor Thomas, Aurora Humarán, Billy Greendyk, Henry Dotterer, Jason Grimes, all the mods, and Enrique & Haydée Cavalitto for helping me out.

A big hug to you.

José Luis

[Edited at 2003-10-09 13:20]

[Edited at 2003-10-09 20:17]

NatalieD
NatalieD
French
+ ...
My thoughts are with you Karina Oct 15, 2003

Dear Karina,

I lost my father (who was also a very dear friend)less than a year ago but, as a parent,I can only try to imagine how hard it must be to lose your husband and the father of your children. I know you must have a hard time believing it at this moment, but time does help heal the wound, as your children will.

Natalie

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »