Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]
Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away
Thread poster: José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh away Oct 17, 2003

blessed be the name of the Lord.

This is perhaps just a reminder for us to be thankful for having shared so many moments with Allan -- all the more precious because they were fewer, given only 34 years.

Bill Greendyk
Bill Greendyk  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:46
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Amen! Oct 17, 2003

I couldn´t agree more wholeheartedly with you, Cecilia. We all mourn the passing of Allan, whose presence is missed every day. Nonetheless, we can count ourselves privileged to be among those with whom Allan shared his short life. Thanks for a beautiful post.

Bill

Karina Pelech
Karina Pelech  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Words are not enough Oct 20, 2003

to say "thank you each and everyone of you" for all your support, prayers, wishes and help.

Allan once wrote: "I always encouraged you to seek the "why" more than any other interrogative, but there is no single answer".

With a lot of help from friends and family I flew with him to the UK, stayed with a very dear friend of his, had the chance to have a long conversation with his mother. It also took a great deal of help from unknown angels to be able to get back to our h
... See more
to say "thank you each and everyone of you" for all your support, prayers, wishes and help.

Allan once wrote: "I always encouraged you to seek the "why" more than any other interrogative, but there is no single answer".

With a lot of help from friends and family I flew with him to the UK, stayed with a very dear friend of his, had the chance to have a long conversation with his mother. It also took a great deal of help from unknown angels to be able to get back to our home and children.

His funeral will be held on Wednesday 22nd at:
Co-operative Funeral Service
The Lawns, 366 Ringwood Road, Parkstone,
Poole,
Dorset, BH12 3LT
Tel: 01202 743158

The funeral cortege will be leaving from his mother's house at 2.30 [14B Beaconsfield Rd., Upper Parkstone, Poole, Dorset, UK]

I will leave you now with a poem by Rumi that had a special meaning for Allan and myself:

"The way of love is not
a subtle argument.

The door there
is devastation.

Birds make great sky-circles
of their freedom.
How do they learn it?

They fall, and falling,
they're given wings."

Take care,

Karina

Wednesday 22nd, not 23rd... Thank you JL

[Edited at 2003-10-21 23:06]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Dear colleague Allan Brown, MD, passed away

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »