Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:04
Russian to English
+ ...
Feb 15, 2003

Hey, didn\'t Scorsese make a film about you two? If he didn\'t, maybe he should:

They\'d have to call it The Russian Job. I envisage Jack Nicholson playing the Slepster, with Gielgud as Sir Jack Doughty.

A pair of old-time mavericks, cleaning up the linguistic jungle, ridding the world of bad-ass grammar and false friends.

On second thoughts, Scorsese move over, I\'ll direct it myself. The Oscar is virtually in the bag.

... See more
Hey, didn\'t Scorsese make a film about you two? If he didn\'t, maybe he should:

They\'d have to call it The Russian Job. I envisage Jack Nicholson playing the Slepster, with Gielgud as Sir Jack Doughty.

A pair of old-time mavericks, cleaning up the linguistic jungle, ridding the world of bad-ass grammar and false friends.

On second thoughts, Scorsese move over, I\'ll direct it myself. The Oscar is virtually in the bag.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-15 14:55]
Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 12:04
English
+ ...
The Umpires of Evil Feb 16, 2003

Suggested title for your film, Dan.

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:04
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmmmm Feb 16, 2003

Arthur - I think that\'s a different film you\'re talking about, but that one\'s going to be called The Blair-Bush Project - with a sequel to be called Bushwhacked. I hope he\'s been watching the news over the last 24 hours.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-16 19:00]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

The Two Jacks

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »