Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 13, 2003

I have got to know Jack Slep through the KudoZ pages, in which he displays a deep knowledge of several specialized subjects, and also because he emailed me, having noted the similarity in our careers though in different countries, since when we have exchanged messages and jokes now and again.

His profile says \"50 years experience as Russian-to-English translator, in service and freelancer, covering virtually all fields (at the time relatively few of us had to cover much - hey you othe
... See more
I have got to know Jack Slep through the KudoZ pages, in which he displays a deep knowledge of several specialized subjects, and also because he emailed me, having noted the similarity in our careers though in different countries, since when we have exchanged messages and jokes now and again.

His profile says \"50 years experience as Russian-to-English translator, in service and freelancer, covering virtually all fields (at the time relatively few of us had to cover much - hey you other guys out there, we\'re a dying breed aren\'t we!)\"

We aren\'t quite all dead yet though, Jack, and may you enjoy many more years of translation, health and happiness!

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-13 23:41]
Collapse

Elizabeth Adams
Elizabeth Adams  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 05:46
Member (2002)
Russian to English
Thank you! Feb 14, 2003

for sharing your wisdom with us tadpoles!

E

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 14:46
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
My best wishes to Jack (to both of you!) Feb 14, 2003

and many thanks for your help answering KudoZ questions!

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:46
Spanish to English
+ ...
Old (?) translators never retire Feb 14, 2003

I don\'t even know a single one with Alzheimer.

José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)
José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:46
English to Spanish
+ ...
"I don't even know a single one with Alzheimer" Feb 15, 2003

Too bad interpereters cannot refer to personal experiences or I would have chosen Jack as great example of a healthy \'subject\' at the Alzheimer\'s World Congress in Barcelona... -)

Fifty years is nothing...

Congrats to all of the \'older gang group\' from a young mate.

Blessings and light,

JL

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:46
Russian to English
+ ...
hats off to ya Feb 15, 2003

congrats jack! you da man.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Jack Slep: Another Golden Jubilee

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »