Elvira Stoianov
Elvira Stoianov  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:43
German to Romanian
+ ...
Jul 24, 2002

Hi there, ProZ staff.

The new menu looks great and in my opinion it is much clearer than the old one. But you already knew that, didn\'t you?

Good work!

Aurora Humarán (X)
Aurora Humarán (X)  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 07:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Agree! Jul 24, 2002

It certainly does!

Thank you ProZ guys!

Aurora

C Greene
C Greene  Identity Verified
English to French
Just great ! Jul 24, 2002

It simply gets better by the day !!

Thanks a lot.

Gilda Manara
Gilda Manara  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
beautiful! Jul 24, 2002

user friendly and nice looking - a greatly welcome improvement. Thanks to all those who have realized it!

Gilda

mk_lab
mk_lab  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 13:43
Member (2004)
English to Russian
+ ...
And what about non-platinum members? Jul 24, 2002

And what about non-platinum members? Now they are invisible for customers.

Christina Clark
Christina Clark  Identity Verified
Denmark
English to Danish
+ ...
Very userfriendly! Jul 24, 2002

It\'s great with the so many new menu choices being available on the home page, so you don\'t have to waste time surfing for what you are looking for.

I am not too sure about the green colour choice for the little square buttons, though.

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
I love it... Jul 24, 2002

...and I love the new CAT tool center, thanks!

Andrea

Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)
Nathalie M. Girard, ALHC (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
CAT center - some links lead to defunct pages... Jul 24, 2002

I also love the new grouping of sections etc... makes our life easier

However, I went to the CAT tool center and into the LINKS section, there is at least 3 links which lead to pages that no longer exist.

Were all the links checked before being set-up on this brand new page?

Great work otherwise!

Have a great day
... See more
I also love the new grouping of sections etc... makes our life easier

However, I went to the CAT tool center and into the LINKS section, there is at least 3 links which lead to pages that no longer exist.

Were all the links checked before being set-up on this brand new page?

Great work otherwise!

Have a great day

Nathalie
Collapse

Michaela Müller
Michaela Müller
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Comment by a "guest member" Jul 24, 2002

I was very surprised this morning to see the new menu and must confess that I still have to get used to it (esp. the tiny letters).

I also noticed the new word \"guest members\" which seems to have a negative connotation for me. (So, non-paying members aren\'t normal members anymore? We don\'t belong to the community?) So, who exactly is a guest member? All non-paying members plus premium members?

Please enlighten me!

Michaela

... See more
I was very surprised this morning to see the new menu and must confess that I still have to get used to it (esp. the tiny letters).

I also noticed the new word \"guest members\" which seems to have a negative connotation for me. (So, non-paying members aren\'t normal members anymore? We don\'t belong to the community?) So, who exactly is a guest member? All non-paying members plus premium members?

Please enlighten me!

Michaela

Collapse

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
AAARRRGH!!! THE GLOSSARY!!! Jul 24, 2002

Except for this delayed second reaction everything went over well... and then I found it.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 06:43
SITE FOUNDER
more active members are now platinum Jul 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 09:50, Mueller wrote:

Please enlighten me!

The shift in terminology reflects the shift in member... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-24 09:50, Mueller wrote:

Please enlighten me!

The shift in terminology reflects the shift in membership. Formerly, \"non-paying\" was the rule and \"platinum\" the exception. Now--as evidenced by this thread--platinum membership is the standard among highly active members.

As for premium membership, the ratio of platinum to premium members is 8 or 9:1. We are therefore de-emphasizing the program. But being on the paying side of the fence, premium members would be in the platinum/standard category rather than the \"guest\" category. ▲ Collapse

Claudia Andreani
Claudia Andreani  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Good Job! Jul 24, 2002

Thank you for the new look. I like the new features, I get better results now when surfing around the site.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Non-platinum members are visible Jul 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 08:03, mk_lab wrote:

And what about non-platinum members? Now they are invisible for customers.

Not sure why you would say that - I just ran a search for EN>RU, Bus/Financial, and came up with 6 Premium and >1,600 non-paying members...

[ This Message was edited by: on 2002-07-24 14:42 ]

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
little green buttons Jul 24, 2002

Quote:

On 2002-07-24 08:21, CDClark wrote:

It\'s great with the so many new menu choices being available on the home page, so you don\'t have to waste time surfing for what you are looking for.

I am not too sure about the green colour choice for the little square buttons, though.

Just a thought from Fine Arts days: solid gree... See more
Quote:

On 2002-07-24 08:21, CDClark wrote:

Just a thought from Fine Arts days: solid green buttons with the RGB decimal value of 0-93-65? (Designer colour). Or at least use the same (solid) green used on the borders.

For my part I\'m a bit put off by the lilac background of Platinum member services. Was it meant to emulate platinum? If so, what about something like RGB 129-158-178?

Collapse

Andrea Bullrich
Andrea Bullrich  Identity Verified
English to Spanish
Wow (as usual...) Jul 24, 2002

Ceci, you\'ve wowed me, as usual.

Since we\'re talking colors, I\'ve always wondered why the Platinum icon was gold (ok, yellow), and I\'ve thought the Premium icon looked more \"platinum-like\" than the other one... A non-issue, I know, but where else would I get the chance to discuss this?

Andrea

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

the new menu looks great

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »