Thread poster: Annie Estéphan
Carolin Haase
Carolin Haase  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:36
English to German
+ ...
Vitamin D? Jan 13, 2015

I read somewhere that Vitamin D might help; here is an article in English: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201307/vitamin-d-deficiency-and-depression

Also it can be helpful to take amber (hypericum perforatum) as it may have effects similar to an antidepressant but without the side
... See more
I read somewhere that Vitamin D might help; here is an article in English: http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/reading-between-the-headlines/201307/vitamin-d-deficiency-and-depression

Also it can be helpful to take amber (hypericum perforatum) as it may have effects similar to an antidepressant but without the side effects.

Perhaps it's worth a try.
Collapse

Luca Tutino
Luca Tutino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2002)
English to Italian
+ ...
A pet? Jan 13, 2015

Montreal being on the same parallel of Milan, you should carefully select your destination should you decide to move to Europe.
I remember suffering a bit for the lack of sunny days in Amsterdam, before moving back to Italy. But I found Montreal a sunny and bright city... I guess the problem there compounded by the lack of being outside.

A possible solution might be getting a dog, which would force you to spend some good time out every day.

Alice Crisan
Alice Crisan  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:36
English to Romanian
+ ...
TED Jan 14, 2015

Dear Annie try this website, there are many interesting speeches, I found this speech.

Ken Robinson: How schools kill creativity | Talk Transcript | TED.com
www.ted.com/talks/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill.../transcript?...en

Hope I can cheer you up for a while.
You may need to copy it into your browser.
Ken Robinson:
... See more
Dear Annie try this website, there are many interesting speeches, I found this speech.

Hope I can cheer you up for a while.
You may need to copy it into your browser.
Ken Robinson. How schools kill creativity. 30M views Jun 2006. 0:11 Good morning. How are you? It's been great, hasn't it? I've been blown away by the whole ..

...or just Google, Ken Robinson 2006 TED

[Edited at 2015-01-14 23:11 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-01-14 23:13 GMT]
Collapse

Annie Estéphan
Annie Estéphan  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:36
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Photographic proof that Canada's east coast is basically the ice planet Hoth right now Mar 23, 2015

http://www.cbc.ca/news/trending/photographic-proof-that-canada-s-east-coast-is-basically-the-ice-planet-hoth-right-now-1.3003008

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Luminotherapy

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »