Thread poster: Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera
Clara Rivera  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:01
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 4, 2002

Hi everybody!

I would like to do a translation internship in the United Kingdom. Does anybody have some information about internships in this country? Shall I write directly to the companies or is there a body which help interns? Do you know of any company which hires interns?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Clara E. Rivera

Egmont
Egmont
Spain
Afrikaans to Spanish
+ ...
ONGs Dec 4, 2002

Hay varias ONG que suelen acoger becarios. Prueba en http://www.gn.apc.org o en greennet.org

[addsig]

RosaT
RosaT  Identity Verified
Spain
Agencias Dec 5, 2002

Yo probaría agencias de traducción. No sé si es muy corriente, pero he visto algún que otro sitio web en el que se ofrecían \"internships\". Desafortunadamente, no puedo ayudar mucho más, ya que no tengo ningún URL que compartir contigo.

Creo que si tienes unas buenas calificaciones y estás dispuesta a no cobrar o cobrar muy poco, no te resultará demasiado difícil.

Suerte.

Bilal
Bilal
English to Arabic
+ ...
translation internship Dec 20, 2002

Hi,

Did youbtry to contact the Institute of Linguists. I think they might be able to help. Try visiting their website first.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for translation internship in UK

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »