BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
Local time: 18:43
English to German
+ ...
Oct 6, 2002

Hello,

I want to share this great and sometimes amusing articles about the translation profession. Especially if you live in the US there is also a lot of information about tax deductibles etc. and it\'s a great resource for people just getting established.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rbchriss/Articles/Articles.html

Birgit
... See more
Hello,

I want to share this great and sometimes amusing articles about the translation profession. Especially if you live in the US there is also a lot of information about tax deductibles etc. and it\'s a great resource for people just getting established.

http://home.earthlink.net/~rbchriss/Articles/Articles.html

Birgit

Collapse

Oso (X)
Oso (X)
Spanish
+ ...
Great website! ¶:^) Oct 6, 2002

Lots of interesting information not only for beginners, but for the veterans as well.

Muchas gracias, Birgit.

Oso ¶:^)

ROLANDO A. HERNANDEZ
ROLANDO A. HERNANDEZ
Local time: 17:43
English to Spanish
MERCI Oct 6, 2002

Very, very interesting.

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 08:43
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
Accreditation Oct 6, 2002

I did like this. In Australla we have an accreditation system like that being proposed for the US. Frankly, I don\'t like it. The accrediting body is loosely tied to the federal government but lives in its own bubble to a certain extent and is really answerable to no-one, except on the question of how much it can return to general revenue. I think the potential for problems speaks for itself, particularly as the hurdles preventing re-examination of questionable test results are very high.

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:43
Polish to English
+ ...
very nice Oct 7, 2002

Don\'t overlook the \"Resources\" button. Some nice links there.

Thanks.

emynwing (X)
emynwing (X)
English to French
+ ...
hi, from roger chriss Nov 10, 2002

Glad to see people are enjoying my site.

As a ten-year veteran of the industry, I hope to help people gain a better understanding of translation and translators. Too often, amateurs and dilettantes flood the industry with resumes and poor quality work. So what I am trying to do is make translators, translation vendors and consumers more aware so that we can have an industry which takes good care of itself and its members.

Sincerely,

Roger Chri
... See more

As a ten-year veteran of the industry, I hope to help people gain a better understanding of translation and translators. Too often, amateurs and dilettantes flood the industry with resumes and poor quality work. So what I am trying to do is make translators, translation vendors and consumers more aware so that we can have an industry which takes good care of itself and its members.

Sincerely,

Roger Chriss

PS: using a friend\'s account to send this message
Collapse

emynwing (X)
emynwing (X)
English to French
+ ...
hi, from roger chriss Nov 10, 2002

Sincerely,

Roger Chri
... See more

Sincerely,

Roger Chriss

PS: using a friend\'s account to send this message
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation as a Profession

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »