New to field--how do I get business from agencies?
Thread poster: shcheong
shcheong
shcheong  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 02:35
English to Chinese
+ ...
Nov 16, 2001

Hello, fellow freelancer, I am a newcomer, just wonder how to get employment from agency? My language pair is English and Chinese, please enlighten me. Thank you very much before hand.

S.H.Cheong

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 14:35
German to English
+ ...
You are Nov 16, 2001

You have already taken a giant leap towards your goal by joining ProZ: participate in job bids and maintain an attractive and professional ProZ profile. This way, agencies and direct clients will notice you.

Plus, you have an excellent language combination, which will do wonders for you (if you play your cards right).

Other than that, I suggest you set up your own website (even if it is a free Yahoo website or something similar). The other thing you can
... See more
You have already taken a giant leap towards your goal by joining ProZ: participate in job bids and maintain an attractive and professional ProZ profile. This way, agencies and direct clients will notice you.

Plus, you have an excellent language combination, which will do wonders for you (if you play your cards right).

Other than that, I suggest you set up your own website (even if it is a free Yahoo website or something similar). The other thing you can do is look for agencies that specialize in your language combination on the Internet (e.g., enter \"translation agencies chinese\" in a search engine). Some of them will have online application forms, while others will show a special e-mail address where you can send your CV.

You can also find agencies that work with Chinese by going to the ATA website, www.atanet.org: go into the database and set your search parameters. You will then have a list of agencies in the US (and other countries) that have been \"approved\" by ATA (and they are usually more reliable to work for, with some exceptions - see \"15 rules for dealing with agencies\")

Good luck!!!

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-11-16 11:07 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to field--how do I get business from agencies?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »