https://www.proz.com/forum/getting_established/398-dutch_norwegian_translator_in_the_uk.html&phpv_redirected=1

Dutch - Norwegian Translator in the UK
Thread poster: Noor
Noor
Noor
Norway
Local time: 13:05
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oct 21, 2001

I am an apsipiring translator, having both Dutch and Norwegian as my native tounges. I am looking for tips and hits on how to start up, but mostly, what qualifications are WORTH having, and if possible, internet addresses of them. I read a lot of posts where the posters say that such and such qualification is not worth getting, as it is not officially recognized.

I am also lookin for pointers as to where I near where I live (Southend on Sea, near London) can get more informa
... See more
I am an apsipiring translator, having both Dutch and Norwegian as my native tounges. I am looking for tips and hits on how to start up, but mostly, what qualifications are WORTH having, and if possible, internet addresses of them. I read a lot of posts where the posters say that such and such qualification is not worth getting, as it is not officially recognized.

I am also lookin for pointers as to where I near where I live (Southend on Sea, near London) can get more information. I have looked at the local colleges, but their offerings are minimal.

Thank you so much for your time

Charlotte

[ This Message was edited by: on 2001-10-24 12:53 ]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Dutch - Norwegian Translator in the UK

Translation news

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »