Thread poster: Stephanie Rogl
Stephanie Rogl
Stephanie Rogl
Austria
Local time: 12:31
English to German
+ ...
Oct 17, 2018

Hello fellow language-friends ! I am a German native from Austria living in Vienna. I have a Master's degree in law and a Bachelor's degree in political science. However, a lawyer's typical work is not for me and - adoring the English (and French) language - I would like to start a career as a translator. I have a CAE degree (Cambrigde Advanced English, Grade A, Feb. 2018) and I'm going to do a similar degree in French in January. Any kind of tip, hint or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. All... See more
Hello fellow language-friends ! I am a German native from Austria living in Vienna. I have a Master's degree in law and a Bachelor's degree in political science. However, a lawyer's typical work is not for me and - adoring the English (and French) language - I would like to start a career as a translator. I have a CAE degree (Cambrigde Advanced English, Grade A, Feb. 2018) and I'm going to do a similar degree in French in January. Any kind of tip, hint or advice would be GREATLY appreciated. All the best ! SteffiCollapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:31
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Stephanie Oct 18, 2018

As half of our life is spent working, if translation is really what you love doing just go ahead because there is no activity more lucrative than doing what pleases us.

Jean Dimitriadis
Kay-Viktor Stegemann

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »