Thread poster: Janaina Ribeiro
Janaina Ribeiro
Janaina Ribeiro  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:32
English to Portuguese
Jul 7, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I am relatively new in the profession and going through a lot of struggle and learning.
As you must all have been there at some point, I would like to gently ask for help. I think that at the beginning, we all tend to think we are great and innate geniuses, until reality throws its weight on us and we realize how much we still have to learn. It is this sense that I write (it is happening to me right now!).

I have recently failed a seemingly easy t
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I am relatively new in the profession and going through a lot of struggle and learning.
As you must all have been there at some point, I would like to gently ask for help. I think that at the beginning, we all tend to think we are great and innate geniuses, until reality throws its weight on us and we realize how much we still have to learn. It is this sense that I write (it is happening to me right now!).

I have recently failed a seemingly easy test I did for an agency on website and app localization, in this case it is an Apple product.
I would like to ask my English to Portuguese (BR) colleague translators who work in the field of website localization, if any of you would have the time and generosity to evaluate my test and give me some realistic feedback on my work, so I can be more aware of where to start improving. The work is 2 pages long, 576 words.

Thank you all in advance for reading this.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback from translator in software localization En>Pt

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »