Certification for the self starter
Thread poster: Andreas866 (X)
Andreas866 (X)
Andreas866 (X)
United Kingdom
Feb 1, 2015

Hey there,

I have the next question:

I am self starter of a new translation agency (will work at that point with freelancers only)

Obviously, what I need is a certification for my services, so that the translation whilch will be conducted by my agency would be certified and valid for Home Office for instance in the UK

Can you advise how I can obtain that?

Many thanks

Kevin Fulton
Kevin Fulton  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:57
German to English
Why are you doing this? Feb 1, 2015

I was unaware that there was a shortage of translation agencies.
You really need to ask yourself how you might distinguish your agency from the other 10,000-plus agencies. Will you compete based on price? There already agencies offering less than one cent per word.

Andreas866 (X)
Andreas866 (X)
United Kingdom
TOPIC STARTER
Certification for the self starter Feb 1, 2015

Well, the market is competitive, that's true, though there is always a room for new comers. Working in this industry as a project manager a rather long time, but never heard about anything about cent fee per word. though even though there are dodgy agencies which go afther the strategy you said, I am not the one who going to follow this. I see potential for myself there and have nothing to lose setting this up initially as a trial.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:57
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sworn or certified translations in the UK Feb 1, 2015

Andreas866 wrote:
What I need is a certification for my services, so that the translation whilch will be conducted by my agency would be certified and valid for Home Office for instance in the UK.

See here:
http://www.iti.org.uk/about-industry/certification-sworn

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 03:57
Spanish to English
+ ...
Easy! Feb 2, 2015

Andreas866 wrote:

Hey there,

I have the next question:

I am self starter of a new translation agency (will work at that point with freelancers only)

Obviously, what I need is a certification for my services, so that the translation whilch will be conducted by my agency would be certified and valid for Home Office for instance in the UK

Can you advise how I can obtain that?

Many thanks

Just send a copy of the above quote to the Home Office. If they're not ROTFL they'll perhaps invite you to GS

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: blank post

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification for the self starter

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »