dhsanjeev
dhsanjeev  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:14
English to Hindi
+ ...
Nov 12, 2013

Hello Friends

I am writing to have your help for a friend of mine who is trying to setup a new website for translation. I need your favour that you suggest an attractive name for such a website, as he is a bit confused regarding this.

Will wait for your reply.

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 03:44
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Unusual Nov 12, 2013

He wants to run a business and can't come up with a name for it, ie. is confused? He may wanna hire a marketing and SEO expert to tailor this name for him.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It isn't like doing a magic trick Nov 12, 2013

It might be a good idea for your friend to register here. He'll then be able to find all sorts of marketing information that's already in the forum archives. He could also ask for specific ideas for his own name, suiting his own unique selling points, and gather feedback on his own ideas. I assume he has some? We really can't just pull an exciting, innovative translation website name out of a hat.

Sarah McDowell
Sarah McDowell  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 20:44
Member (2012)
Russian to English
+ ...
A bit bizarre Nov 12, 2013

In my opinion your friend should come up with the name for his website himself instead of asking a bunch of other translators that he doesn't know. Nobody can tell him what to call it because it is a highly personal matter and everyone has their own preferences.

At the very least he should register on this website and post this question himself.

heart2005
heart2005
Ukraine
It`s very personal Nov 12, 2013

It depends on the topic of his web site as well. But also name of his web site should be easy, so you could memorize it without any problems.

Tim Friese
Tim Friese  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:44
Member (2013)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Hello friend Nov 13, 2013

dhsanjeev wrote:

Hello Friends

I am writing to have your help for a friend of mine who is trying to setup a new website for translation. I need your favour that you suggest an attractive name for such a website, as he is a bit confused regarding this.

Will wait for your reply.

Hello friend,

Coming up with the right name is work and doing it right will make your friend a lot of money. However, if I do this work, I will not make any money from it. I'm happy to share experience and all that, but I'm not very happy about doing other people's marketing work for free.

Perhaps your friend should hire a firm to suggest an attractive name rather than asking you to ask other people to do his work?

Just a thought.

Jana Garnsworthy
Jana Garnsworthy
Local time: 02:44
Czech to English
+ ...
How about "The Friendly Translator"? Nov 26, 2013

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Name of website

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »